Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading about these and got concerned about the oil. I just pulled the rubber elbow off the intake and the metal tube going into that....no oil in there. From what I'm reading I should have found oil right???

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
How many miles with your catch can before you checked? For example, after 5,000 miles, it should be about 1/2 filled. If nothing is in the can, are you should it is installed correctly and that the hoses aren't kinked or collapsed?

I had a cheap braided hose collapse on mine and the PCM through a code.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't have a can yet. I was reading about them so I got to checking. Took the hose off the front side of the intake. I have almost 68k on the car.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
It is actually an oil vapor that ends up accumulating/pooling in your intake. The hoses from the PCV valve to the intake may or may not have oil residue.
Easiest way to see if you have an accumulation of carbon/oil in your intake is to look into your TB and open the throttle plate and look past the TB with a flashlight. The back of the throttle plate may be dirty too.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I see tons of brands and prices. Any recommendations as to the best for ease of installing and/or emptying??

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I see tons of brands and prices. Any recommendations as to the best for ease of installing and/or emptying??
I just ordered a Moroso for $160. It has a drain so you don't have to take the can off to empty it which was a strong selling point for me.

Reactions: DJ Hemi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts