Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got a 2016 Challenger SXT Plus with the 3.6 V6. I ordered and installed a Speedlogix Front Mount Dual Chamber Billet Oil Catch Can [Vehicle:Challenger 2009-2016 5.7L w/ Non-Silencer Tube] in the standard satin finish. I also ordered a mount from Speedlogix - a UPR Catch Can Fender Bracket in satin (B5032-07-1).

Speedlogix Front Mount Dual Chamber Billet Oil Catch Can

The proper type hoses are included and the lengths were perfect for my 2016 Challenger with the V6. (When you order you have to make sure you tell them what car and engine you have so they can cut the hose lengths right.)

Installation was pretty straightforward once I figured out how to get the stock PCV line removed from the PCV valve and at the back of the intake. It's real tight up against the firewall - but accessible. I had to use a mechanics pick to get under and work around the stock hoses to break them loose. I the can and one of the hoses late last night and will finish up tonight. I am taking photos and video as I go, so I may put something up later on showing details of the installation.

I stumbled upon an interesting Youtube video while preparing for the install. This video clearly shows the connections you need to hook up to when installing a catch can. Also, for those who have higher mileage on their daily drivers, this video offers some good info on checking the PCV valve and also how the system works on the Pentastar V6. The link to the video is below...

https://youtu.be/mxwC5vVqidM

---------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a 2016 Challenger SXT Plus with the 3.6 V6. I ordered and installed a Speedlogix Front Mount Dual Chamber Billet Oil Catch Can [Vehicle:Challenger 2009-2016 5.7L w/ Non-Silencer Tube] in the standard satin finish. I also ordered a mount from Speedlogix - a UPR Catch Can Fender Bracket in satin (B5032-07-1).

Speedlogix Front Mount Dual Chamber Billet Oil Catch Can

The proper type hoses are included and the lengths were perfect for my 2016 Challenger with the V6. (When you order you have to make sure you tell them what car and engine you have so they can cut the hose lengths right.)

Installation was pretty straightforward once I figured out how to get the stock PCV line removed from the PCV valve and at the back of the intake. It's real tight up against the firewall - but accessible. I had to use a mechanics pick to get under and work around the stock hoses to break them loose. I the can and one of the hoses late last night and will finish up tonight. I am taking photos and video as I go, so I may put something up later on showing details of the installation.

I stumbled upon an interesting Youtube video while preparing for the install. This video clearly shows the connections you need to hook up to when installing a catch can. Also, for those who have higher mileage on their daily drivers, this video offers some good info on checking the PCV valve and also how the system works on the Pentastar V6. The link to the video is below...

https://youtu.be/mxwC5vVqidM

---------------------
Awesome! Thanks for the input! Im going through some videos and reviews now trying to find the best one I can. Gotta say man, this car is quickly wearing down my projected tax return, lol! Still, definitely worth every penny!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Gotta say man, this car is quickly wearing down my projected tax return, lol! Still, definitely worth every penny!
You'll find that there is always something "more" to do to these cars as time goes by. I'm still likin' mine just as much as the day I took delivery. Anybody can order a new car, but half the fun is adding things to it to make it a "one of a kind statement on wheels". Looks like you've done some things to yours already - nice car!

---------------------------------------

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the input! Im going through some videos and reviews now trying to find the best one I can. Gotta say man, this car is quickly wearing down my projected tax return, lol! Still, definitely worth every penny!
What's a tax return? I try to not overpay too much.

I just as in last Friday, put a Speedlogix Catch can on my 5.7l, it is quality stuff. My car is in the garage for the winter so we shall see how much garbage it collects.
You will need to mount it differently on your V6 as noted above by people with a V6.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta say man, this car is quickly wearing down my projected tax return, lol! Still, definitely worth every penny!
You'll find that there is always something "more" to do to these cars as time goes by. I'm still likin' mine just as much as the day I took delivery. Anybody can order a new car, but half the fun is adding things to it to make it a "one of a kind statement on wheels". Looks like you've done some things to yours already - nice car!

---------------------------------------
Im quickly learning that and loving every minute! Thanks for the compliment! Not much done so far, just relocated the license plate and cover the holes the dealer drilled, repainted the fuel dor, and tinted the taillights this weekend. Those lights have already caught a few eyes around town actually, lol!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's a tax return? I try to not overpay too much.

I just as in last Friday, put a Speedlogix Catch can on my 5.7l, it is quality stuff. My car is in the garage for the winter so we shall see how much garbage it collects.
You will need to mount it differently on your V6 as noted above by people with a V6.
I actually over-pay on purpose so I never have to worry about paying in and it give me some once a year fun money, lol! I actually just looked under the hood and found a nice tab coming off the fender right beside the washer fluid tank that looks like its just waiting for a can, lol!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations. Money don't spend itself boy! Ya gotta get out there and consuming. LOL!
There are plenty of catch can threads here......PLENTY. Someone went down their intake etc. with a scope. All gunky black. At over 50,000 miles added the can and redid the scope under a year later. CLEAN! So, for approx. $100.00 or so......

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and Congratulations. Money don't spend itself boy! Ya gotta get out there and consuming. LOL!
There are plenty of catch can threads here......PLENTY. Someone went down their intake etc. with a scope. All gunky black. At over 50,000 miles added the can and redid the scope under a year later. CLEAN! So, for approx. $100.00 or so......

Good luck!
Thanks! Its definitely a labor of love! Im definitely getting one in asap, just gotta find the right one. This is my baby after all, lol!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here's my installed system...just got done a little bit ago. I installed some woven carbon fiber hose covering I got on Amazon.com over the air brake hoses Speedlogix included in the kit. I also got some stainless clamps to mount the hoses onto the catch can (not sure if I like them or not yet?) Again, this was really a tight install for the catch can itself but there is about 1/8" clearance around the can at all points so all is good. This actually was an easier installation than I thought. Just have to take your time and route things properly that's all.

----------------------------

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's my installed system...just got done a little bit ago. I installed some woven carbon fiber hose covering I got on Amazon.com over the air brake hoses Speedlogix included in the kit. I also got some stainless clamps to mount the hoses onto the catch can (not sure if I like them or not yet?) Again, this was really a tight install for the catch can itself but there is about 1/8" clearance around the can at all points so all is good. This actually was an easier installation than I thought. Just have to take your time and route things properly that's all.

----------------------------
Nice install! I notice that mounting tab early and couldnt help but think "Man, its like they expect everyone to install this!" Lol!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks! Its definitely a labor of love! Im definitely getting one in asap, just gotta find the right one. This is my baby after all, lol!
Most people get the Billet Technologies with the Z bracket. I have a different one but don't remember the name. It isn't on the can either. Just looked. Emptied it for the first time too! Not much there. But I haven't had it all that long and I don't race. Often. I'm all about the burnouts. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most people get the Billet Technologies with the Z bracket. I have a different one but don't remember the name. It isn't on the can either. Just looked. Emptied it for the first time too! Not much there. But I haven't had it all that long and I don't race. Often. I'm all about the burnouts. Good luck!
Thanks! Actually im looking for a fender mount like in XLRRR8's pics but im not finding the bracket on the speedlogix website. How did you mount yours with the Z?

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks! Actually im looking for a fender mount like in XLRRR8's pics but im not finding the bracket on the speedlogix website. How did you mount yours with the Z?
Front of the engine.......but you have a V-6 I believe so I don't know. Sorry. Someone else will step in for me I trust. It is different.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That looks like the one I ordered, but to be sure I think it might be better to call them Speedlogix up and ask for Alexis, Lisa or one of the guys there. Alexis guided me with info when I ordered mine and gave me page links to each piece I needed to order. You also have to make sure that you tell them it's for a 3.6 V6 or whatever engine you have in your Challenger and the model year too. I think they upgraded their website a month or so ago so I'm not sure all the products are showing on the site the way they used to yet. I know the fender mount bracket doesn't show anymore, but that is a UPR Products piece that can be had through UPR if Speedlogix no longer carries it.

Speedlogix is a forum vender and you can get free shipping by using a code they supply when you order. Toll Free: 888-SPD-LOGX to ask any questions on their products.

Hope this helps!

------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks like the one I ordered, but to be sure I think it might be better to call them Speedlogix up and ask for Alexis, Lisa or one of the guys there. Alexis guided me with info when I ordered mine and gave me page links to each piece I needed to order. You also have to make sure that you tell them it's for a 3.6 V6 or whatever engine you have in your Challenger and the model year too. I think they upgraded their website a month or so ago so I'm not sure all the products are showing on the site the way they used to yet. I know the fender mount bracket doesn't show anymore, but that is a UPR Products piece that can be had through UPR if Speedlogix no longer carries it.

Speedlogix is a forum vender and you can get free shipping by using a code they supply when you order. Toll Free: 888-SPD-LOGX to ask any questions on their products.

Hope this helps!

------------------------------------------------
That definitely helps! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts