Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure there’s five different posts on this but I don’t really want to go through the painful process of looking for it can someone show me how they do a Catch can on a shaker hood set up? my parents just got a scat pack with shaker hood and I want to get one for them for Christmas

Can I just do a standard’s Z bracket or s bracket or do I have to have something special or the fender mount ? I can make my own lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,720 Posts
I mounted my Moroso on the fender. I installed the large one with the drain valve on the bottom, and added a hose to the drain to make it easy to use. All I have to do is put a tub under it and turn the valve to empty it. You can see how it's mounted in my garage.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I used a Moroso catch can, bought 2 metric flange nuts (M8 I think) and sandwiched the bracket between the 2 flange nuts on the long factory stud to get the catch can where it cleared everything, which ended up being toward the end of the stud.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Here is my Speedlogix can with "S" bracket on my factory 329 shaker. Just leave enough hose length to tip the can downward a little to clear the shaker housing.

Attachments

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
760 Posts
Photo shows BT catch can mounted on my 2016 SPS. Installation was super easy using the Z bracket also purchased from Billet Technology.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I just installed one of there in my R/T make sure you check the inlet & outlet 90 mine were loose and when I unscrewed them they had tried to use Teflon tape for a thread sealer the tape was all bunch up in the end and was doing nothing for sealing the threads this would have caused a vacuum leak . I just used some good pipe dope on the threads and then reused the rubber 90 and plastic tube just turned it to the front of the car and hooked up the outlet from the tank to it made it neater .

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
here are some pictures and use some antisieze on the bolt going into the aluminum head steel and aluminum don't like each other and put some on the threads of the can it makes it easy to screw together and it will keep them from corroding . I don't like the rubber tube on the top like that and will change mine out to something neater when I get the time maybe braided SS with nice AN fittings ??

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed the Speedlogix catch can on my 2017 Challenger Shaker a few days ago. Excellent quality and easy install. It is cheap insurance for our cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
here are some pictures and use some antisieze on the bolt going into the aluminum head steel and aluminum don't like each other and put some on the threads of the can it makes it easy to screw together and it will keep them from corroding . I don't like the rubber tube on the top like that and will change mine out to something neater when I get the time maybe braided SS with nice AN fittings ??
Very nice, really cool tip about the antisieze. Will be ordering mine soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts