Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came unannounced today.

I ordered the z-bracket option but the instructions that came with it are for the standard mount. My questions are;

What is the 1/2 thick spacer for? (between head and z-bracket)

I assume the double ended barbed fitting connects into one of the hoses but which one?

Thanks

·
Banned
197 Posts
It might be a better idea to contact the vendor or manufacturer. Some of them are really good about responding quickly.

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
The instructions that are sent are direct from BT, but the Z Bracket instructions should have been in the bottom of the can with the rest of the Hardware. If it was not I can send you those.

Here is how it should look installed:

We are trying our best to get these orders out once we receive product - your order already had a tracking number as we did all the labels when we were told we were getting product - we got a black Z Bracket, put it together and got it out the door!

Here are the instructions for the Z Bracket for the 6.1L - all that is different is the spacer that goes in between the Z Bracket and Cylinder Head:
http://www.speedlogix.net/instructions/speedlogix/bt-zbracket.pdf

Thanks
Mikey

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The instructions that are sent are direct from BT, but the Z Bracket instructions should have been in the bottom of the can with the rest of the Hardware. If it was not I can send you those.

Here is how it should look installed:

We are trying our best to get these orders out once we receive product - your order already had a tracking number as we did all the labels when we were told we were getting product - we got a black Z Bracket, put it together and got it out the door!

Here are the instructions for the Z Bracket for the 6.1L - all that is different is the spacer that goes in between the Z Bracket and Cylinder Head:
http://www.speedlogix.net/instructions/speedlogix/bt-zbracket.pdf

Thanks
Mikey

Hey Mikey,

Those instructions where in there but say nothing about the 1/2" spacer.

I am sure I will figure it out but instructions that define what is what should be included.

I did find a post by Lisa when she put her catch can on. She mentioned in the post that she had to use the double ended barbed fitting on the tube by the throttle body which was her personal mod for the install. I guess you guys or BT started to include it cause I got one.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I am still hoping my Catch Can will be waiting when I get back from Europe. I have to take her back to Hennessey too, to get her finished (If Diablosport has succeeded by then). Man I wish I had her here right now.....autobahn....Nurburgring....

·
Registered
299 Posts
I came back from picking my car up from the body shop and my box of parts was there. This adds to the excitement. I'll be in the garage for some time now while I install this and my short shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey sitedrifter who did you order your can from, and how long did it take to get it???? thanks tom:scratchhead:
Sorry Bro!

I ordered it from Speedlogix. Took 3 weeks because the black z-brackets were on back order. They had satin in stock but I wanted black. Nice people at Speed Logix just need to communicate on the forum a tad better when things are on back order. I will order from them without a 2nd thought

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Hey sitedrifter who did you order your can from, and how long did it take to get it???? thanks tom:scratchhead:
We have them as Sitedrifter noted.
Both Black and Satin Cans are in stock. There are several mountin options, if you want the standard mount we can ship right away. We have another bracket called the Z Bracket and currrently are on backorder for those in Black.

Here is a link to the can:
Speedlogix Billet Oil Catch Can Kit 392 Challenger

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Sorry Bro!

I ordered it from Speedlogix. Took 3 weeks because the black z-brackets were on back order. They had satin in stock but I wanted black. Nice people at Speed Logix just need to communicate on the forum a tad better when things are on back order. I will order from them without a 2nd thought
Thanks SD.

We try to post up as much info as possible when we have it, unfortunately with the Group Buy, our supplier Billet Tech was trying to keep up with our orders, and we try to post info as we get it, but we are at their mercy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts