Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2019 Charger Scatpack and I removed the Cats and replaced it with a pair of JBA Catless Mids and Vibrant 02 Sensors. No check engine code for the first week but after I got. P0138, P0158, P1E09 and P1E0A are these codes all due to going Catless? Do I need to worry about these codes?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
Um ok, U thought going no cats the lights would not come on ???? ITS a pollution light people !!

U have tune it to fake it, against the law BTW. Less and less tuners with tune a NON- CAT car.

Do your homework up front, not after the purchase.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just get the rear O2s turned off by tuner. Good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Some dealers will tell ya an outside oil change will void your warranty.

There's always that 3:00 PM call from "The warranty Department" you know they must have ya covered.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Um ok, U thought going no cats the lights would not come on ???? ITS a pollution light people !!

U have tune it to fake it, against the law BTW. Less and less tuners with tune a NON- CAT car.

Do your homework up front, not after the purchase.
Uncalled for, Very rude.

·
Vendor
12,224 Posts
most tuners will not touch a catless car with a 10 foot pole now, major liability

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
Um OK PRINCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! truth always hurts...………...

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
Why would you remove the Cat in the first place? Then your car is just Hell? Or a S Pack?
ROFL !!! Some never listen the first time, cats have been on cars HOW long ?????

I went to a TWO cat from six cat for weight alone !!! LOL

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,812 Posts
Going catless has recently been discussed.

OP if you think you can go catless and pass emissions by using the vibrant O2 extensions I would say it ain't going to happen. If you find a tuner to deactivate the downstream O2s and disable the PCM from flagging DTCs you still will not pass emissions. If you care about passing emissions then you will need to run high flow cats and even then some have had codes still show up.

As for the codes...your P1E09, P1E0A is probably a result of your O2 sensors being too far away from the exhaust stream. The P0138, P0158 codes might be a result of condensation building up on the O2 sensors. If the j-type foulers are not clocked on the exhaust correctly, condensation can build and collect which will eventually cause the O2 sensors to fail.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
All is good, love internet bullies !! Learned a few things from being bullied for a lifetime, time for a toast !!!

Push back hurts Princess !!!

SLEEP overs are always WELCOME !!! Come on over !!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts