·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
WOW !!! U prove my point to a tee !!

·
Registered
187 Posts
most tuners will not touch a catless car with a 10 foot pole now, major liability

What has he been your experience with Kooks hi-flow “green” cats? Do they work well with our cars (CELs)? They claim they will pass inspection/won’t throw codes, etc.
Looks like that would be good option to mate with their long tubes if going the long tube route (?).

·
Registered
757 Posts
What has he been your experience with Kooks hi-flow “green” cats? Do they work well with our cars (CELs)? They claim they will pass inspection/won’t throw codes, etc.
Looks like that would be good option to mate with their long tubes if going the long tube route (?).
They threw codes on my buddies 12’ challenger rt.
They seem to be hit or miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,803 Posts
OK people, take the fight to PM if you want to continue...

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,224 Posts
all aftermarket cats can throw codes, depends on many factors

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I drive a 2019 Charger Scatpack and I removed the Cats and replaced it with a pair of JBA Catless Mids and Vibrant 02 Sensors. No check engine code for the first week but after I got. P0138, P0158, P1E09 and P1E0A are these codes all due to going Catless? Do I need to worry about these codes?
P0138/P0158 signal lack of oxygen in the exhaust.

Possible causes: Faulty O2 sensor. Short to battery voltage in O2 sensor signal circuit. High fuel pressure.

The Vibrant O2 sensors have to be suspect I would think.

The P1E09/P1E0A codes arise from the engine controller failing to switch to closed loop mode in a reasonable amount of time.

Makes sense as it needs the #2 O2 sensor signals to be able to make this decision.

The error codes indicate the engine is not running right, is not being fueled right, so yes you should be worried about these codes.

My advice -- although you won't like it -- is to remove the JBA Catless Mids system and the Vibrant O2 senors and send them back. install the factory converters and enjoy your new ScatPack.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,812 Posts
The Vibrant O2 sensors have to be suspect I would think.
Wonder what made you think that?

Rear O2's impact cat over temp fueling...at least on the 2015+ models running GPEC2A controllers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I removed cats in the 70,s,80,s,and 90,s.It made a big difference then but today I don,t believe it is worth the hassle and headache and the gains would be negligible to none.But I know the allure to remove em would be great with the reputation they have as power robbin garbage collectors.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
I removed cats in the 70,s,80,s,and 90,s.It made a big difference then but today I don,t believe it is worth the hassle and headache and the gains would be negligible to none.But I know the allure to remove em would be great with the reputation they have as power robbin garbage collectors.Good luck.
YES, HUGE difference on a 200 hp car. Please grow up. Internet stupidly gets old.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts