Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to remove the catylic converter stud guys? I've taken the bolt off but the stud how? Looks like it's torx head? Help as I'm in the middle of it thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe it is a reverse Torx. I don't know the size. 1 one each side of mine came out with mid pipe. Why are you trying to remove them?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right no need to remove them the pipes came out straight out of the studs, I thought the studs needed removal too lol. I'm having a hard time trying to remove the 02 sensor connector that's clipped onto a wire on the side of the transmission as the location of the 02 sensors on the new JBA mid pipes are further down the pipe. So what I'm trying to do is remove the 02 sensor from the tie wrap its clipped onto but apparently I'll have to cut that plastic tie wrap it's clipped on and get new tie wraps and locate again. Does it not just slide out from the tie wrap? Because there's like a tab beneath the 02 sensor. I don't know. Plus the jba pipe isn't sliding into the OEM pipe, it just about slides in but not all of it. I'm thinking of taking either the mid pipe to taper the ends or expand the ends of the OEM pipe where the mid pipe slides into. Which one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
WazzRT
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing