Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my Black 09 6 speed R/T on Nov. 7th 2008 . Build date was Oct , 8th 2008 at 8 pm . From my local Dodge dealer . Records show the miss fire started at 500 miles on the car. Engine coughing and barely would run . This problem continued for the next two plus years about every 2 to 4 thousand mile's between the miss fire and engine not wanting to run . Till about a week ago. When local dealer pulled the # 5 cylinder head . Was told for sure that # 5 cylinder had a problem by look's of color in that cylinder . They sent the head to a local machine shop . To be checked out and look closely at the valve guide's . Don't know if they got new information from higher up at Dodge or what. But the machine shop told them the head was junk . And the guide or guides in # 5 where turning in the head . And Dodge said they could not be replaced . So now a new head is on order . And none are in stock at this time. I'm sure the guides may or may not be put in automaticly by a robot or someone with blood in their veins. Don't know . Don't know if maybe they got some bad guides or what . Just know after local dealer has replaced a lot of parts to try and find my long term miss fire . New crank sensor , coil packs , engine computer . And recently they did a compression check on all cylinders wich showed normal . None of these thing's fixed or cured the problem . And now we know why . I have almost 52,000 miles on my car . And have loved every min. and mile . Except the miss fires and not knowing if could get it to a dealer without a flat bed truck . The engine has had many times it felt as if it had lost alot of power . I guess it did . Will keep everyone posted . And pray they get a new head soon . And my Black R/T is healthy and strong again . Or maybe for the first time as I think Scotty would say on Star Trek . FULL POWER !!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad they found the problem and are in the process of fixing it. You, my friend, are a very patient man.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Get you a set of aftermarket heads and get the dealer to put them on and give you the stockers back for cores. Might get your ride back on the road and she'll breathe much better for it.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Get you a set of aftermarket heads and get the dealer to put them on and give you the stockers back for cores. Might get your ride back on the road and she'll breathe much better for it.
If your finances allow, that is an excellent idea! You'll get your car back quicker, and have a faster car to enjoy for the long haul.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am sure you will enjoy the true experience now without issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts