Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here are some examples of what we have come up with for the front spoiler and rocker panels for your Challenger.

The Lip Spoiler Design #1 gives the challenger the SRT10 look, but is more rounded, and not so "race car" style. It flows more with the body lines and gives it a bit more depth and rigidity. This design requires you to cut the lower fascia to install the lip spoiler.

The Lip Spoiler Design #2 has the same features on the lower portion of Spoiler Design #1, but will require no cutting from your front fascia.

The Rocker Panel Design #1 incorporates the same lip on the rear of the rocker panel, which gradually fades to nothing as it gets to the front of the panel, and has an additional rear wheel splash guard incorporated into the piece to match the Front Lip Spoiler.

The Rocker Panel Design #2 has a more subtle lip than the Rocker Panel Design #1, and does not include the rear wheel well splash guard.

Have a look at the photoshopped images below and feel free to give as much critical advise as you want. We will take all input into consideration and hopefully get you what you are looking for. (excuse the photoshop work, we are trying to get this ball rolling, and perfection was not a key concern.)

*** THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE IMAGES ARE SUBTLE, LOOK FOR THE HIGHLIGHTED INFO BOXES FOR THE DIFFERENCES ***

·
Registered
711 Posts
Definately Rocker #1 is really cool

Lip 1 - with optional adjuster mounts, but I would keep the extensions as a seperate peice still, easier to get spoiler on and off,

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately Rocker #1 is really cool

Lip 1 - with optional adjuster mounts, but I would keep the extensions as a seperate peice still, easier to get spoiler on and off,
Good point, We will keep that in mind. I really like the rocker style 1 as well. It kinda balances the front wheel well with the rear. Keep the input coming! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
i like #2 im not much into cutting the front fascia you only get one shot with that, if you mess up your screwed! #2 seems simple and easy.
i like rocker panel #1 seems like its gonna flow better with that look.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Definately intersested in #1 combo! What is the availability and cost going to be? I am in need of the spoiler asap and don't mind cutting as my spoiler has been removed by a rig tire cap! I am prepping car for Texas Mile in March and if product is available soon it will relieve so work for me having to fab one in short amount of available time I have to work on the car from now to then! Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definately intersested in #1 combo! What is the availability and cost going to be? I am in need of the spoiler asap and don't mind cutting as my spoiler has been removed by a rig tire cap! I am prepping car for Texas Mile in March and if product is available soon it will relieve so work for me having to fab one in short amount of available time I have to work on the car from now to then! Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Well, we are in the early development stages right now. Timeframe is not really something that I can "guesstimate", but pricing for the front lip spoiler will range from $650 - $750 in carbon fiber and fiberglass will likely be $100 cheaper. Not sure about the rocker panels yet. I think these pieces will look real nice in carbon fiber, and also paint matched with the fiberglass would look really clean.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you want me to contact you ... I am in all the way on the spoiler if you maintain this design!
You can always call us at (760) 643-1300 to check on the status of the project. I will also be doing my best to keep this forum updated as the production of these parts develops. We have a Challenger in shop to do the work on, and I will likely be taking photos of the process as it develops. As for now, we still need input from more forum members to help us decide which styles to go with. The more input we get from the forums, the faster production will start.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really like the #1 design on both. What's the spoiler on the back?
#1 seems to be the populous so far. Spoiler on the back is not ours, not quite sure who's it is actually. The image is from google, and I photoshopped on these new parts.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Will the rocker panels sit any lower than the stock sides? my car sits pretty low and i'd hate to damage those panels.....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think both rocker panels #1 and #2 look much better than stock, so both are winners as far as I'm concerned. As for the front spoiler, I really like the look of #1, but like others have said, I wouldn't want to cut my facia.....so #2 would be fine.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Count me in for lip 1 and rocker 1.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts