Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that cant make the Malibu cruise or would like to attend another cruise... The boys over at Cuda-Challenger.com are trying to start another cruise in the evening that Thurs April 14th around 6pm but id really like to make the cruise at a time and day where everyone is able to attend. We are not trying to compete with the Mailbu cruise i just think its cool that Weds. is cruising Van Nuys and thurs there can be a possibility of a PM cruise then Friday leading up to the Major Malibu Cruise finishing it off with Spring Fling Sat & Sun. EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME.

Now Spring Fling is on April 16 & 17. A few of us want to set up some type of meet and greet / cruise a day or 2 before the fling.

i know theres a cruise that runs from Woodley to malibu but thats a morning cruise and some of us cant make it ... so we are trying to start our own CC (but not limited to) cruise ANY CC member with ANY muscle ride or if you know a friend with a mopar or other muscle please come out and join us finished resto or resto that just has primer any muscle is welcome.

heres who we got on board so far

1. thenuke1 *1971 Plum Crazy Dodge Challenger R/T* from CC
2. 360FISH *1973 Emperor's New clothes primer - Plymouth (RIP) 'Cuda from CC
3. boydsdodge * Rental 300 or Charger* Possibly From CC
4. Beekppr *1970 Dodge Super Bee* Possibly from CC

im thinking Thursday 14th or Friday 15th evening ? That Weds the 13th is Cruising Van Nuys. if you havent been to one we usually park and cruise either on van nuys blvd. (from Oxnard to Corkys or in the ralphs parking lot closest to van nuys blvd.

Heres a link to what i think would be the ideal Cruise/Route for us
http://i55.tinypic.com/16a877o.jpg

its a nice straight cruise

we would meet on woodley where the Spring Fling will be park along the sidewalk or inside the park parking lost (if its available ... if not theres plenty of sidewalk)

then take a right on victory straight to van nuys and make another right all the way down to In & Out. If your not hungry or are not craving in and out there are other eateries in the plaza.

let me know if you guys would like to cruise anywhere else after the burgers we can always stretch it out afterwords

if you guys think another route would be better please by all means post it here ... lets try to have minimum 5 cars the more the better of course. In fact if you know a buddy with non mopar muscle please feel free to invite.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Great news !!!

ok the Cruise WILL be on Thursday April 14th at 6pm and we will ride out at 6:20pm - 6:30pm that should give everyone enough time to make it to woodley

people on board

1. thenuke1 *1971 Plum Crazy Dodge Challenger R/T*
2. 360FISH *1973 Emperor's New clothes primer - Plymouth (RIP) 'Cuda
3. boydsdodge * Rental 300 or Charger* Possibly From CC
4. beekppr *1970 superbee*
5. Beekpprs friend *79 Power Wagon* (lol)
6. dart4forte *1971 road runner* moparts member
7. JonsGottaDusta *62 Ford*

im hoping this could be a yearly deal (aswell as fall fling)

even if you cant make the cruise... stop by in&out and have a burger

·
Registered
245 Posts
This sounds cool, used to cruise Van Nuys when I was a teenager. Won't say how long ago that was. I will keep you posted on this. Used to cruise with a 70 Barracuda 383 - speed. Brings back memories. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This sounds cool, used to cruise Van Nuys when I was a teenager. Won't say how long ago that was. I will keep you posted on this. Used to cruise with a 70 Barracuda 383 - speed. Brings back memories. :thumbsup:

that same week on Weds is the monthly cruising van nuys. its not as big as it was back in the day but we still try to keep it alive ....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cool event man. I might try to swing it, but its gonna be a little hectic week for me. I hope to have the 74 Charger in at least "limp mode" by then so i can try to cruise it.

that same week on Weds is the monthly cruising van nuys. its not as big as it was back in the day but we still try to keep it alive ....
How has it been the last couple of months? I haven't gone since August cuz I had school on Wednesday nights, but I don't anymore. Hopefully itll start picking up in March / April, as the weather starts to improve.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ATTENTION SOCAL CAR Enthusiasts !! check it the new socal messege board http://www.vannuyscruisingassociation.com/index.php

Cool event man. I might try to swing it, but its gonna be a little hectic week for me. I hope to have the 74 Charger in at least "limp mode" by then so i can try to cruise it.
yeah man please do try if you can. Even if your charger isnt ready come down to In&out we'll be there

How has it been the last couple of months? I haven't gone since August cuz I had school on Wednesday nights, but I don't anymore. Hopefully itll start picking up in March / April, as the weather starts to improve.
its not as big as it was in 09 when it started but theres still a bunch of loyal muscle and hot rod people that go to keep it going including myself

Heres The Setup

When
Thursday April 14th 2011

Meet
at 6pm at woodley Park 6335 Woodley Ave. Van Nuys, CA 91406 either in the parking lot OR on the street next to the lot 6pm traffic should be lighter then 5pm

Ride Out
Around 6:20pm - 6:30pm this should give everyone enough time to arrive. If your running just follow the route and we will meet up with you or vice versa

Route

from woodley park we head toward Victory blvd.
Make a right on Victory
Cruise down to Van Nuys
Make a Right On Van Nuys
Cruise all the way down to In&Out 4954 Van Nuys blvd.

for those that cant make the cruise we will be at IN & Out for a awhile so stop by and have a burger. Some of us will head across the St. to Gyu Kaku for a quick Brew after In&Out (budlight .99 mug $5 pitchers at the bar)

·
Registered
100 Posts
ATTENTION SOCAL CAR Enthusiasts !! check it the new socal messege board My Wife Hates Car Stuff - Index

yeah man please do try if you can. Even if your charger isnt ready come down to In&out we'll be there

its not as big as it was in 09 when it started but theres still a bunch of loyal muscle and hot rod people that go to keep it going including myself

Heres The Setup

When
Thursday April 14th 2011

Meet
at 6pm at woodley Park 6335 Woodley Ave. Van Nuys, CA 91406 either in the parking lot OR on the street next to the lot 6pm traffic should be lighter then 5pm

Ride Out
Around 6:20pm - 6:30pm this should give everyone enough time to arrive. If your running just follow the route and we will meet up with you or vice versa

Route

from woodley park we head toward Victory blvd.
Make a right on Victory
Cruise down to Van Nuys
Make a Right On Van Nuys
Cruise all the way down to In&Out 4954 Van Nuys blvd.

for those that cant make the cruise we will be at IN & Out for a awhile so stop by and have a burger. Some of us will head across the St. to Gyu Kaku for a quick Brew after In&Out (budlight .99 mug $5 pitchers at the bar)

yeah, if anything I'll bring the 08 Charger.

Dude...the cruises in '09 were insane! I remember getting there like at 530 and the Rydell lot was already packed. I think the "problem" was that those early Van Nuys cruises inspired a few other cruises elsewhere and pulled some people away. That and the loss of the Rydell lot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, if anything I'll bring the 08 Charger.

Dude...the cruises in '09 were insane! I remember getting there like at 530 and the Rydell lot was already packed. I think the "problem" was that those early Van Nuys cruises inspired a few other cruises elsewhere and pulled some people away. That and the loss of the Rydell lot.
yeah i know ... i think the main thing was the rydell lot... but good news is that the lot is going to be turned into a CVS so it will be re opened ... stop in to CVS grab a soda and im sure they're be ok ...

about the cruise heres where we can park
[image]http://i52.tinypic.com/bjdgky.jpg[/image]

if we are not parked directly around in & Out then swing around the lot we will be there... a few of us are going across the street for .99 cent budlights at gyu kaku (they also have $5 pitchers)

let me know if you can make the cruise aswell if not we'll see you there

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres pics from our mini cruise provided by 360fish LETS DO IT AGAIN during FALL fling week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts