Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im on my way to work today, and my 2016 SPS shows a CEL..
now i am thinking.. hell. in 2003, GM could tell me what the code was over the air.. let me try uconnect
i get dodge on the phone.. NOPE.. they cant tell me.. so.. is there a way to find the reason behind the CEL before i get to the dealer.. Other than autozone?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have HP Tuners at home for my chevy, i could use that scanner to read the code or reset it... but i am disappointed uconnect cant tell me these things.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RIGHT? even the chevy's can send you a vehicle report with that information on it.. i used to use that a lot.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a P0455 code.. re tightened the gas cap, didn't go away.. guess I gotta make a trip to the service dept.. #Warranty

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
RIGHT? even the chevy's can send you a vehicle report with that information on it.. i used to use that a lot.

I have a 2017 GMC and I can tell you every version of uconnect I've ever had has worked better than intellilink....by light years. I've had 2014/15 and 16.....you have the best one the market.

Maybe you can get the code though the vehicle report??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the GM's USED to use OnStar, which would give you the code.. I used my HP tuners and got a P0455 code.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
what about the Vehicle information screen in the IP cluster?

Its #7 "Messages" - believe it can show codes there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts