Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for any suggestions
I was leaving my Dr. today pulling out into traffic, the road was a little wet and I was on the throttle pretty good but not excessive. the tranny acted like it was confused on what to do going from 1st to 2nd then it jerked and the CEL came on. I pulled the car over and drove around an empty lot a few times, cycled the key, even checked the gas cap every seemed fine. I drove straight to the dealer and the first thing he asked was when was the last time I put gas in DUH!!!! but anyway there were about 20 people in front of me so they couldn't check it out today he said as long as the light wasn't flashing it would be ok till morning which if I'm there at 7:00 he will put the first Tech. that comes in on it. I came home and did the key trick and all I got was 6 dashes under the temp and then after a few seconds the word done popped up. Is there any other way for me to find the code and also is there any info I need to be armed with in the morning when I show up? any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

1,931 Posts
If you did the key dance right and didnt get anything go to your local Advance Auto or other auto parts store and they will use a code reader to tell you the code...all the parts stores around here does that free.......but I would bet you have a temporary code due to hitting the rev limiter......but if you are still under warranty the dealer will check it free....

·
Registered
417 Posts
In rereading your problem, I think it's different. She would be driving down the road, and the engine would seem like it wouldn't respond to the throttle for a good while. And then it would work okay for a while.

Anyway, here's her response:

From Sue:

"It was the torque converter and the input shaft. It started right from when I got the car at the end of September and took what 3.5 months to get a check engine light with a good code

Apparently Chrysler has a list of VINs that could possibly be affected by this issue (It's a 2013 RT). As soon as they checked mine it was on the list. Why they don't just do a recall is beyond me.

The car has been perfect since they changed the parts"

Good luck!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks tn
I never got above about 3500 4000 rpm so its not the rev limiter I was going to stop by A. Z. but I came on home and pulled the button out and did the key trick had some pizza and a few beers and decided to not get back out tonight

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks NH
I have had thoughts about my torque converter since new it seems to be really prominent in its actions I guess thats how you would explain it

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from the dealer the CEL were several stored low voltage codes cleared the light and put the battery on a charger for a couple of hours there were a few flashes needed updated so I had them preform them, the tech blamed the way the tranny acted up as probably just a hiccup in the software' I drove it a good 35 miles coming home actually felt like a different car it seemed more controlled in its actions Ill just put some good miles on it and see what happens but as of right now I'm pleased with the outcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts