Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice how the interior shots of the IE 392 look to have the cheapo radio bezel like the one in the SE? I am not knocking the SE, just pointing out that it looks like Dodge is going cheap on our cars interior/. I mean how much more could the fake carbon fiber add to the price? I also am not to sure about the steeering wheel, will need to see it in person. The other thing I read is the fake carbon fiber hood stripes are gone? WTF! I know some do not like them but some of us do. I for one think the hood stripes make the SRT8 stand out, yes I like them and now would not want a newer model. It looks like they have tried to cut costs while saying they were going to improve them. Lets hear it from the IE guys, do you like the interior looking like it is an SE?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I love the interior you need see one in person that bezel is very different from the SE's it is brushed aluminum.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be hastily taken photos posted, thats why I asked. I have not seen one in person but the photos I have do not look that good.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I like the interior there are a lot of little things that have changed. Art you are more than welcome to take an up close look at Spring Fest.

·
Registered
457 Posts
real aluminum or satin silver painted plastic, just like the SE's trim?
It is real aluminum. Not plastic. Challenger and Charger both got real aluminum

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i guess i need to see one to believe it. can't image to cost to stamp out the dash bezel in aluminum. any got a high quality pictures of it? i want to compare it to the standard bezel.

·
Registered
820 Posts
They look the same but they are not the same material I sat in the Hemi Highway tour vehicle. That is one of the first things I checked. Why is it so hard to believe they have stepped up quality?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im shocked that the trim is metal....wow....i wasnt expecting that

i find the changes hard to see when i see the photo's comparing the 2010 to the 2011(i dont own the old model like alot of you guys)

i liked the carbon fiber look....brushed stainless or carbon fiber...both are equal to me...i guess since its real metal id pick the metal look.....

i do think the interior lacks pazaaz....its not horrible, but it doesnt fit the awesome outside of the car...its just ooook...i wished they would have updated it, but they have to leave something for future years to draw attention to the car....id expect the interior update in 2012 or 2013....they always do something every year, especially as the model grows older

·
Registered
457 Posts
im shocked that the trim is metal....wow....i wasnt expecting that

i find the changes hard to see when i see the photo's comparing the 2010 to the 2011(i dont own the old model like alot of you guys)

i liked the carbon fiber look....brushed stainless or carbon fiber...both are equal to me...i guess since its real metal id pick the metal look.....

i do think the interior lacks pazaaz....its not horrible, but it doesnt fit the awesome outside of the car...its just ooook...i wished they would have updated it, but they have to leave something for future years to draw attention to the car....id expect the interior update in 2012 or 2013....they always do something every year, especially as the model grows older
I agree. I think they should have put the 2011 Chargers interior in the 11 Challenger. I've seen both in person and I think the Charger is far sportier. It looks clean and mean. All aluminum bezel, soft touch material, clean instrument panal..... and an available 8.3 all touch screen. Stupid Chrysler

·
Registered
820 Posts
I agree. I think they should have put the 2011 Chargers interior in the 11 Challenger. I've seen both in person and I think the Charger is far sportier. It looks clean and mean. All aluminum bezel, soft touch material, clean instrument panal..... and an available 8.3 all touch screen. Stupid Chrysler
The Charger update was planned 3 years ago, it takes time to make those types of changes wiring and materials. A lot of the changes will make it to the Challenger give it time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Charger update was planned 3 years ago, it takes time to make those types of changes wiring and materials. A lot of the changes will make it to the Challenger give it time.
Um...the the 05-10 Charger, 08-10, Challenger, 05-10 300 and 05-09 Magnum all have the same dash, center console, steering wheel, etc. They are all built on the same frame so the dash fits in the same. THe only difference now is the raised roof line on the charger and 300 which does not affect the dash line. THe interior on the new 300 and charger are more similar than the reused Challenger interior.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When they use the new interior, the cost will likely be going to go up.

Since the Challenger didn't get the full redesign, I bet they left it alone so they can use up stock of the old parts the are either built, or they were contractually obligated to buy.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Um...the the 05-10 Charger, 08-10, Challenger, 05-10 300 and 05-09 Magnum all have the same dash, center console, steering wheel, etc. They are all built on the same frame so the dash fits in the same. THe only difference now is the raised roof line on the charger and 300 which does not affect the dash line. THe interior on the new 300 and charger are more similar than the reused Challenger interior.
I know they are built on the same frame and the parts are interchangeable, but if you are talking about the 2011 the wiring is different and that is what matters. The controls in the 2011 can be controlled with the hard controls or by touch screen. You can't expect them to gut a model 3 years into it's design cycle for that. The Charger was already being redesigned so it was easy to incorporate the changes. They had to take care of the aging models first and Dodge has a habit of riding a design into the ground the Charger and 300 were way over due for a redesign.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I know they are built on the same frame and the parts are interchangeable, but if you are talking about the 2011 the wiring is different and that is what matters. The controls in the 2011 can be controlled with the hard controls or by touch screen. You can't expect them to gut a model 3 years into it's design cycle for that. The Charger was already being redesigned so it was easy to incorporate the changes. They had to take care of the aging models first and Dodge has a habit of riding a design into the ground the Charger and 300 were way over due for a redesign.
Completely agree...and now I see what you were saying :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts