Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the center armrest in the challenger is so frickin' hard, I wanted to get it re-padded to make it more comfortable on long drives. I looked at several non-OEM materials to re-upholster it in (Snakskin, ostrich,etc.,) but didn't like any of them. Found this ... "Rhino" skin !!! The colors go really well with the stock interior. And with an extra inch of high quality padding, it's nice to the elbow. I'm liking it. I might do the door inserts next.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like the look, but I've never had much use for the armrest. I don't like where it's positioned, yes I know it moves but I still don't like where it sits. Did the padding help any? Did you do the stitching yourself? It looks great!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Interesting.

The Challenger is so wide I don't have anywhere to rest my elbows. I'm 6' 3" so my elbows don't rearch the arm rest on the door. I have to lean to the right to rest my arm on the center console. It's OK except for the stitching which is raised and pretty hard.

I tried resting my elbow on the top of the door panel but it's just too far away EDIT: (To be comfortable).

I just have to let the arms hang.

·
Registered
531 Posts
KDodge75,
You do know that the arm rest slides forward, right? I find it works pretty well when slid forward.
Cliff

·
Registered
764 Posts
Interesting.

The Challenger is so wide I don't have anywhere to rest my elbows. I'm 6' 3" so my elbows don't rearch the arm rest on the door. I have to lean to the right to rest my arm on the center console. It's OK except for the stitching which is raised and pretty hard.

I tried resting my elbor on the top of the door panel but it's just too far away.

I just have to let the arms hang.
I don't get it. I'm 6' 1" and both are accessible to me. I keep my seat in the all the way back and lowest position.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't get it. I'm 6' 1" and both are accessible to me. I keep my seat in the all the way back and lowest position.
I must have a lot of height in my torso. I have the seat almost all the way back and all the way down and just sitting there with my hands in my lap, my elbows are a half inch above the arm rest and the center console. I have to lean to one side or the other to actually touch.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I must have a lot of height in my torso. I have the seat almost all the way back and all the way down and just sitting there with my hands in my lap, my elbows are a half inch above the arm rest and the center console. I have to lean to one side or the other to actually touch.
I was thinking about this today when I was driving. My arms just make it, but to get the most support out of them, I do have to favor one side. I just have long legs I guess. I also have a TON of headroom.

His mod might help you though, since it adds an extra inch of height or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.