Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 R/T Plus with the electronics convenience group.

Should this have 12v power to the jack in the center console?

Mine doesn't seem like its working.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Indeed, All the 12v Outlets in the car will only work when the car is on.
I wired my grille LEDS to the one upfront below the climate controls along with to a ON/OFF switch. This way, if i forget to turn them off or accidentally turn them on, when i turn the car off the LEDs wont drain power.

Shifty

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
At least with the 2009's, one of the two power outlets could be set to be hot with the key off (I don't remember which one). One of the fuses in the trunk has two positions selecting this. It was explained in the 2009 manual; maybe it is in yours too.

·
Registered
876 Posts
OP, the "cigarette lighter" in the center console is "constant on", if I'm not mistaken. Many a time have I had the kid's DVD player plugged in when we got out of the car and found it powered up when we got back in. Manual say anything on it for sure?

·
Super Moderator
15,038 Posts
Front console outlet = keyed power

Inside console outlet = full time power

Like Bwbike said, the fuse can be moved to another position to make both full time power.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'll check it out. Maybe I blew the fuse. I was powering up an electric ice chest. Worked fine from the one on the dash. Actually had a few other things powered off of that one at the same time too. I think the ice chest draws a few amps.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

Like Bwbike said, the fuse can be moved to another position to make both full time power.

The fuse for the front console outlet is in the rear power distribution panel in the trunk. It needs to be shifted over to convert the front outlet to always hot.

The rear outlet is always hot and that can not be changed to switched power unless you were to do a custom feed. Do remember to keep the cover on that rear console outlet when not in use. The last thing you want is a penny ending up in the bottom of that outlet.....

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

This man is 100% right in all he stated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a blown 20 amp fuse. Must have shorted something out in there. It's all set now.

Thanks guys. I also found the dash board fuse swap. That's a great option if you ever need to power something up after the ignition/accessory turn off or time out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The console does have a timer as well. My iPod chirps indicating a power feed when I open the door. This tells me it turned off at some point and reactivated when the car door was opened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fuse for the front console outlet is in the rear power distribution panel in the trunk. It needs to be shifted over to convert the front outlet to always hot.

The rear outlet is always hot and that can not be changed to switched power unless you were to do a custom feed. Do remember to keep the cover on that rear console outlet when not in use. The last thing you want is a penny ending up in the bottom of that outlet.....
My 2014 Challenger SXT center console power outlet is not working and the fuse #9 is good. Is there something else in the circuit that I need to look at?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,740 Posts
For +2015 scroll to page 4 of the PDF in this post. It gives the wiring diagram.

Normally I would say go to the chiltons online manuals but it looks like the password does not work.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,596 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,596 Posts
PS tried another access, same thing. Scroll to bottom for link and PW

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,740 Posts
PS tried another access, same thing. Scroll to bottom for link and PW

A Guy
This link works for me...the other one has been down pretty much all day.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,596 Posts
I got in the original one last night...I ass-u-me it was the Chilton site regardless of access

A Guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts