Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 R/T Plus Shaker 6spd. This morning I got in the car and nothing worked down below except the flashers. The buttons don't light up or have any function. I stopped at a gas station and pulled the shift cover and unplugged and replugged in the controls. They lit up for a second and then went dark again. Haven't worked at all since and I think this locks me out of sport mode as well. Everything else I can access through the infotainment. Once I got to work I turned the car off and did the unplug and replug again. The dash lit up like it recognized I replugged it in but nothing works still. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
2015 R/T Plus Shaker 6spd. This morning I got in the car and nothing worked down below except the flashers. The buttons don't light up or have any function. I stopped at a gas station and pulled the shift cover and unplugged and replugged in the controls. They lit up for a second and then went dark again. Haven't worked at all since and I think this locks me out of sport mode as well. Everything else I can access through the infotainment. Once I got to work I turned the car off and did the unplug and replug again. The dash lit up like it recognized I replugged it in but nothing works still. Any ideas?
Hi scolmoo, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
1 possible cause: U-connct maybe dying.
Happened to me in my 2015 R/T, 1st thing that went was console buttons (including sport), then the audio sound, then the visual display out of the head unit. Its such a common problem, Dodge was backordered on the u-connects for 4 months at the time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh lord I hope not. I am going to check fuses when I get home. After some more searching I found a couple others with this issue but little resolution other than a plug was loose. If it's not the fuses I might bite the bullet and buy a used hvac control cluster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After I got home I checked fuses and all looked fine. Swapped a couple around and it worked. Then I tried it again and didn't work. Pulled the shifter cover and checked connections and it worked again and then quit... Infotainment works great otherwise. No connections/wires look loose or rubbed. Took off the negative terminal for a while and will see if that makes a difference. Next step is a used control center I guess.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update because I hate finding threads with similar problems and no updates.

After my last post I bought new fuses and replaced the ones in slots 53 HVAC control module 10a, 32 HVAC Module cluster 15a, and 24 Integrated center stack 10a. It worked again but turned off after about 5 seconds and never came back on even in 3 days of driving. I checked as much of the wire run as I could without removing the console and everything looked perfect.

I bought a used HVAC control cluster off ebay for $100. It was labeled as being from a 6.4l but the buttons were the same so I crossed my fingers there was no marrying required or uniqueness between them. Plugged it up and it works. Back in business. Cycled the car a few times just to make sure but I'll update if anything changes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Get it scanned from a reputable place, dealer or indy. Have them check the bcm for codes. Should give you a good direction to look into. Usually first thing to do before buying parts. Much cheaper to have a direction to go so you dont waste $$ and end up with a garage full of spare parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update because I hate finding threads with similar problems and no updates.

After my last post I bought new fuses and replaced the ones in slots 53 HVAC control module 10a, 32 HVAC Module cluster 15a, and 24 Integrated center stack 10a. It worked again but turned off after about 5 seconds and never came back on even in 3 days of driving. I checked as much of the wire run as I could without removing the console and everything looked perfect.

I bought a used HVAC control cluster off ebay for $100. It was labeled as being from a 6.4l but the buttons were the same so I crossed my fingers there was no marrying required or uniqueness between them. Plugged it up and it works. Back in business. Cycled the car a few times just to make sure but I'll update if anything changes.
Thanks but it's fixed. The panel went out per my update.
Mine is doing it now In a 16 scat pack....Now did you get a new panel or did the controller help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is doing it now In a 16 scat pack....Now did you get a new panel or did the controller help
I bought a new panel, which has the knobs/buttons and all that which sits behind the console bezel. There are a lot of variations in buttons through the years so I'd advise getting one that matches your layout. Not sure what you mean by controller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new panel, which has the knobs/buttons and all that which sits behind the console bezel. There are a lot of variations in buttons through the years so I'd advise getting one that matches your layout. Not sure what you mean by controller.
Sorry hvac control cluster and I see this is the only post I seen that answered my question....Thank you sir

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No problem. I ran into the same issue. A few similar instances and no solutions. If everything else works and it's not a fuse, it's likely the cluster. Mine has been good for over a week now. I managed to find one on Ebay for $100 but they mostly were around $150-$200. The buttons on mine were the same but the one I bought was labeled as coming from a 16 6.4L and mine is a 15 5.7.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problem. I ran into the same issue. A few similar instances and no solutions. If everything else works and it's not a fuse, it's likely the cluster. Mine has been good for over a week now. I managed to find one on Ebay for $100 but they mostly were around $150-$200. The buttons on mine were the same but the one I bought was labeled as coming from a 16 6.4L and mine is a 15 5.7.
Now how do you get it off to put the new one on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts