Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, just sold my 2015 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker and ordered a brand new 2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Plum Crazy - Black Hood - All the options. Now I gotta wait 8 weeks....gonna be tough!

So here's the thing. Loved my Shaker, BUT the center console between the automatic shifter and the center arm rest, where the two cup holders are got all dinged up on my 2015 and scratched. Mostly from me hitting it with the seat belt buckle as I was putting it on. It bothered me. Well I'm getting my custom hellcat and I don't want to repeat that, but I'm sure I will. I was thinking of making a custom, super thin, carbon fiber over lay to protect it. On my 2015 not a scratch anywhere inside except for that area.

Anyone have any other solutions or suggestions? I could make them for sale if they work, look nice and stay put.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,307 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,307 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dinged the center console on my '19 recently. Car had less than 100 miles and I see this ding in the console right next to the shifter. Took me several days to figure out that my dumb a$$ did it with the seat belt. I don't think PPF is thick enough to prevent it but I might have to give it a shot. Damn ding bothers me every time I see it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DOOODE, right there with ya. it's the dam seat belt, maybe it's a sign and we should get 5 point racing harness?

Yeah when I bought my 2015 R/T Shaker it already had a small one there right off the dealer lot. I asked them to replace the console, but in the end just got like a free maintenance. But then I did it quite a few more times.

That's why I orginally thought a nice looking carbon fiber plate. I'll keep you updated. I like the idea of the carbon fiber sticker, but I don't really want a sticky back on the console either. I'll have to think about it. I have a machine shop so I'm gonna design a cool cell phone holder that goes in one of the cup holders. Something sleek that will keep the phone from bouncing around at 190mph....i mean 10 below the speed limit :smile:

·
Registered
184 Posts
You could just put a small throw pillow over the console or maybe adding a soft cover to the buckle itself to prevent the issue entirely.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Operator error. It doesn't take much to gently pull and aim, rather than yank and dive bomb.

A bull in a china shop always results in some damage.

Just saying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts