Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently had some repair work done at my local Dodge dealership. When I came to pick up the car, I couldn't help but notice whichever tech had driven my car had also put some nice deep scratches in my center console. Since I had just spent $1,725 for new tires, front and rear wheel alignment and had a blend door actuator replaced (because it made a clicking sound), there was no way in hell I was going to let scratches to my interior go without complaint.

I spoke to my service advisor, reported the damages and he said he'd order replacement parts. I appreciated not having to really put up a fight to convince them to replace what they had damaged, and when the parts arrived, I received a call telling me so I could come in and have them installed.

Now maybe I'm just being an anal-retentive crazy person, but when they replaced the center console and installed the new one...I noticed these little "teeth" were visible between the top and bottom panel of the console, does anyone else have these on their 2008-2014 Challengers, or did they just not completely push the pieces together for a snug fit?

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Hi all,

I recently had some repair work done at my local Dodge dealership. When I came to pick up the car, I couldn't help but notice whichever tech had driven my car had also put some nice deep scratches in my center console. Since I had just spent $1,725 for new tires, front and rear wheel alignment and had a blend door actuator replaced (because it made a clicking sound), there was no way in hell I was going to let scratches to my interior go without complaint.

I spoke to my service advisor, reported the damages and he said he'd order replacement parts. I appreciated not having to really put up a fight to convince them to replace what they had damaged, and when the parts arrived, I received a call telling me so I could come in and have them installed.

Now maybe I'm just being an anal-retentive crazy person, but when they replaced the center console and installed the new one...I noticed these little "teeth" were visible between the top and bottom panel of the console, does anyone else have these on their 2008-2014 Challengers, or did they just not completely push the pieces together for a snug fit?
Hard to tell what I am looking at. Might be easier to tell if you got back a bit with the pic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies, I know the pic was close up. It's already dark here where I live, so I just went with a stock image I found off the internet and drew a RED arrow using Paint to show where the first two pics I uploaded are displaying. The "teeth" are visible in that small panel gap between the main bottom piece of the console and the top piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
My apologies, I know the pic was close up. It's already dark here where I live, so I just went with a stock image I found off the internet and drew a RED arrow using Paint to show where the first two pics I uploaded are displaying. The "teeth" are visible in that small panel gap between the main bottom piece of the console and the top piece.
I have a 12 SRT and I just looked at mine and there are no teeth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
something is wrong. Mine dose not have those marks on it.
If it were you, would you call and complain about something minor like that? Or would you just leave it be. I don't like something not being assembled correctly, but I don't necessarily want to be thought of as a problem customer at my dealership for complaining about something they may consider "trivial".

·
Registered
287 Posts
Id just loosen the screws and see if you can get it aligned yourself. Its probably a 5 minute job. If you go to Bartons website there is a video that shows them removing the console to add their shifter. Should help you get it figured out,, Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id just loosen the screws and see if you can get it aligned yourself. Its probably a 5 minute job. If you go to Bartons website there is a video that shows them removing the console to add their shifter. Should help you get it figured out,, Merry Christmas!!
Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas to you as well. Not trying to get off topic, but it's nice that someone can still say that and someone not be "offended" by it. Where can I find this Barton's website? Is it just Bartons.com or something?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well if your anal then I am too.
I had a scratch put in the trim around the instrument panel of my Ram when it was about 7 or 8 years old and I made them buy me a new one ($30).

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
After watching that I don't know that there are any screws for that piece. Maybe its just not snapped together fully..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
After watching that I don't know that there are any screws for that piece. Maybe its just not snapped together fully..
I'm not sure what the tech did. I'm hesitant to mess with it myself because if the tech couldn't install it correctly, I'm nervous as to whether or not I'd have any better luck. Taking a closer at the console, I see those plastic teeth I took a picture of and what appears to possibly be a square of black electrical tape toward the front of the panel. It's adhered solidly, at least I can't just take it apart easily or without effort or anything like that, but honestly I'm pretty peeved about it. My take is, it shouldn't have to take TWICE to have something done correctly, particularly because the only reason the console needed to be replaced was due to technician's negligence scratching it up, calling for a replacement piece.. I called up and scheduled an appointment for them to adjust it next week.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No screws on that part, jsut push down to snap it in place...or lift up to pop it up.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm not sure what the tech did. I'm hesitant to mess with it myself because if the tech couldn't install it correctly, I'm nervous as to whether or not I'd have any better luck. Taking a closer at the console, I see those plastic teeth I took a picture of and what appears to possibly be a square of black electrical tape toward the front of the panel. It's adhered solidly, at least I can't just take it apart easily or without effort or anything like that, but honestly I'm pretty peeved about it. My take is, it shouldn't have to take TWICE to have something done correctly, particularly because the only reason the console needed to be replaced was due to technician's negligence scratching it up, calling for a replacement piece.. I called up and scheduled an appointment for them to adjust it next week.
It's super easy to do as shown at about 1:00 minute in the Barton shifter video (I installed my own shifter and R&Ring that piece was a no-brainer). The tech was just being in a hurry (and probably POd that you called them on scratching it in the first place). I would pop it down myself and not let them near it again, but that's just me.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I took my center console out of my '14 srt to install my backup camera line and it is really easy, I would look up a video online if you want some visual help but it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to take it apart and put it back together correctly..:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts