Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had hoped this would be fixed when the Uconnect unit was replaced, but it is still happening. Twice, yesterday (12/25/17). This is on a 2018 Challenger GT that I have owned for 3 weeks.

Driving along and the whole center gauge cluster goes dark. Speedometer and Tachometer goes to zero. A couple of the idiot lights come on briefly, then the Challenger logo comes back on the center screen and things return to normal after a couple seconds..

When I reported it to the dealer who diagnosed the Uconnect problem they said they didn't have any error codes and could not recreate the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropping it off next Tuesday for them to look at again. This will be the 4th trip to the dealership since I got it less than 4 weeks ago :(

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Dropping it off next Tuesday for them to look at again. This will be the 4th trip to the dealership since I got it less than 4 weeks ago :(
4th? Over the same issue?

Maybe time to invoke lemon law and get in touch with Dodge?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dropping it off next Tuesday for them to look at again. This will be the 4th trip to the dealership since I got it less than 4 weeks ago
4th? Over the same issue?

Maybe time to invoke lemon law and get in touch with Dodge?
No. This is the 2nd time for this issue. The first time they thought it was related to the failing uconnect unit, which was replaced (after much drama) last week. I live in PA, which had very strict lemon laws. I will not hesitate to invoke them, either. Chrysler is involved. I have a case open.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
No. This is the 2nd time for this issue. The first time they thought it was related to the failing uconnect unit, which was replaced (after much drama) last week. I live in PA, which had very strict lemon laws. I will not hesitate to invoke them, either. Chrysler is involved. I have a case open.
Good luck, hopefully it gets fixed and doesn't come to that.

I've only have to take it in twice, and both times the issues the fixed and neither were serious defects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts