Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to installing the center stack and console carbon fiber bezels. I picked them up from another Ct. member (another thanks to a brother helping out) and I love the look. The Hurst pistol grip fit's in nice as well. Next is the Orange piping!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Cool, how did you do the orange trim around the shift boot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Looks great with the shifter. I have one of those Hursts coming and now you got me thinking :)

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boot Trim

Cool, how did you do the orange trim around the shift boot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The Trim ring was the chrome plated plastic and was etched then powder coated with Hemi Orange as well as the chrome rings around the gauge cluster. The dash vents were painted to match.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well those look great in your car - just didn't look right in mine. The orange accents make the carbon look work. Very nice.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
brucer how did you get the orange stitching on the leather boot on the shifter?

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bezels

Well those look great in your car - just didn't look right in mine. The orange accents make the carbon look work. Very nice.
All thanks to you sir! The pieces really made the center area all come together as I had hoped it would. Sure happy it worked out.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stitching

brucer how did you get the orange stitching on the leather boot on the shifter?
I had the interior redone (seats, door panels, A Pillar covers, floor mats) and all of the stitching on everything was done in Orange. Here's the seats, so you can see how they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your a pillars? I looked back through your interior shots from other posts but didn't find any showing custom pillars.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A Pillars

Ceri, no real "custom" look to them. I got a 2 gauge driver side and a passenger side matching one, then had them covered in the same material as the micro suede on the seats and doors. No designs or anything, just matched the fabrics. Here is one pic that shows the material if you zoom up. Sorry no better pics. I can take better if you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ceri, no real "custom" look to them. I got a 2 gauge driver side and a passenger side matching one, then had them covered in the same material as the micro suede on the seats and doors. No designs or anything, just matched the fabrics. Here is one pic that shows the material if you zoom up. Sorry no better pics. I can take better if you want.
Is the micro suede glued on or stitched/stapled in the back? That looks pretty good. The fabric looks very stretchy.

When you painted the A/C vents, were they removed from the car? If so, any tips/tricks to doing that? Same question on the trim rings.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vents

The A Pillar covers are plastic. A spray adhesive was used to hold the material on. It was a contact like spray type. The fabric went on really well and look really good. As for the vents, they were removed as well as the trim rings. All of it just pops off you just have to be careful. A good thing to have is the polymer interior tool kits they sell. They cost about $15 but they don't scratch or damage the finish. Here are some pics of the stuff off and you can see all of the clip pockets.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
The A Pillar covers are plastic. A spray adhesive was used to hold the material on. It was a contact like spray type. The fabric went on really well and look really good. As for the vents, they were removed as well as the trim rings. All of it just pops off you just have to be careful. A good thing to have is the polymer interior tool kits they sell. They cost about $15 but they don't scratch or damage the finish. Here are some pics of the stuff off and you can see all of the clip pockets.
Perfect pictures. Thanks much. I've got some plastic interior tools from audio stuff. I might have a go at this in the next few days/weeks.

It looks like those trim rings are 1 piece, and that it must sit behind the outer plastic panel. Were you around for removal of the outer panel? Any tricks there?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
brucer.

i wanted to do something with the rings myself but was told they are plastic WELDED to the housing?? and once you pull them off they have to be glued back in like taking a soildering iron and melting the tabs down? did you just pull them off? and they snap back on? any info would be great

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately I wasn't around when they were removed or reassembled. I am sending an email to the shop and asking them and will let you folks know what the answer is as soon as they tell me.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chrome Rings

brucer.

i wanted to do something with the rings myself but was told they are plastic WELDED to the housing?? and once you pull them off they have to be glued back in like taking a soldering iron and melting the tabs down? did you just pull them off? and they snap back on? any info would be great
Champ, the dash panel, the gauge and chrome rings are all snap in/out. The shop guy confirmed that everything just pops apart CAREFULLY and snaps back together. I have the polymer tools and use them only on the interior and they have been lifesavers. I have taken apart a bunch of interior but not that part of the dash. Unfortunately I will tied up all weekend or I would pull the panels and look/take some pics. If your not in a hurry, I can work on it Tuesday evening and on as I have an idea for the front panel and have to take it off and grab some pics of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts