Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus with Blacktop Pacakge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the center tail lights is out on my 2018 R/T Plus. Can you just change the bulb or does it not have a bulb and you have to change that entire center piece assembly with the other center tail light and the Dodge center piece?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
One of the center tail lights is out on my 2018 R/T Plus. Can you just change the bulb or does it not have a bulb and you have to change that entire center piece assembly with the other center tail light and the Dodge center piece?
You mean the combination lamp that is attached to the trunk lid? The whole thing is replaced as a unit. Hope you still have warranty because they are not cheap.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
these LEDs are swapped as assemblies. What happens if you want to keep your car and 20 years from now they fail?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that is correct. It only has 24000 miles so he’s still under warranty. That seems crazy to have replace that entire assembly because a bulb. I did see it on YouTube but wanted to confirm since it seems crazy.
Thx!
these LEDs are swapped as assemblies. What happens if you want to keep your car and 20 years from now they fail?
Yeah that blows my mind and if Dodge actually covers that as a warranty issue I will be surprised.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Yes that is correct. It only has 24000 miles so he’s still under warranty. That seems crazy to have replace that entire assembly because a bulb. I did see it on YouTube but wanted to confirm since it seems crazy.
Thx!

Yeah that blows my mind and if Dodge actually covers that as a warranty issue I will be surprised.
Do you still have basic warranty? Edit: I should have read above I see you do still have warranty.

Then getting it covered shouldn't be a problem. When water got into my tail lights, replacement was covered. The service department might need to submit pics to FCA for approval.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you still have basic warranty? Edit: I should have read above I see you do still have warranty.

Then getting it covered shouldn't be a problem. When water got into my tail lights, replacement was covered. The service department might need to submit pics to FCA for approval.
Good to know. I have condensation in that same tail light assembly so maybe that caused it to go out..?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Good to know. I have condensation in that same tail light assembly so maybe that caused it to go out..?
Yes, highly likely the condensation contributed or caused it. Either the water intrusion or the lights not working is good enough reasoning for warranty replacement.

For what's worth, mine has been fine since I replaced it a while back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx for the info. I will get it in to Dodge for that and the exhaust vibration at start up and when driving 45-52 MPH.
Stacie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts