Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK going a wee bit nuts here again trying to decide. I have a 2010 SRT8 and i'm looking for good street manners but also that awesome punch when you open her up. Is there much lag with the centris such as procharger (remembering the old turbo days of the '80s) and is the KB nice and civil on the street? I am familiar as to how a roots acts as I have an '07 Cobalt SS/SC as a daily driver.

Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
Arrington just finished up my 426 stroker with a D-1 ProCharger running 11+ lbs. It minds its manners in traffic; however, you can feel all 675RWHP at once when you ask to. I can’t really say that there is a lag, but I’m sure it's a little more delayed than say twin screw.

KW

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You should hurry. Procharger has a 500 rebate until the end of today 31OCT13. If you go twin screw then Edelbrock has a 500 rebate until 31DEC13.

I went Edelbrock myself. After months of researching turbo, centri, and twin screw I finally went with Edelbrock. I had too many people I know and trust recommend me the Edelbrock system. Honestly, I was really looking at a ProCharger and was intent on it but I was swayed. I imagine the centri forced induction will still be an itch I will eventually need to scratch.

Theoretically the centri sounds like a better solution but all my friends and family pushed for twin screw with the immediate down low grunt.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f47/last-chance-procharger-savings-few-days-left-1000-off-126802/

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/500-cash-back-procharger-supercharger-system-ends-oct-31st-112081/

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I saw the procharger cash back but I wont have the funds until January or so. Hopefully they will have a Spring special. I'm also looking at having other work done at the same time (either Arrington's perf. Pkg or HHP's, stronger axles, drop in pistons). Surprisingly still on the fence about headers. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yea I saw the procharger cash back but I wont have the funds until January or so. Hopefully they will have a Spring special. I'm also looking at having other work done at the same time (either Arrington's perf. Pkg or HHP's, stronger axles, drop in pistons). Surprisingly still on the fence about headers. :)

Can't speak for HHP, but I can for Arrington and they do good work man.

KW:signed:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts