Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Dodge challenger scat pack - Anyone know where to get front and rear ceramic brakes. I see where I can buy fronts, but rears seem to be an issue? Anyone have any suggestions? The factory ones make a ton of dust and I'm tired of constantly cleaning my rims!!!!!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Following this for same question. I know from previous threads I remember people referring to a set of semi-metallic pads that are easier on the rotors (as well as less dust). I love the stopping power, but i've got the two-piece rotors that are expensive beyond reason, so I'd like to preserve them for as long as possible.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have the Z26 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic pads from PowerStop. Highly recommend them for daily driving. Keeps my wheels clean and works great in the rain.

• Z26 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula offers extreme braking performance that is designed for muscle cars and performance vehicles.
  • Dust-free braking performance.
  • Premium stainless steel shims provide better heat dissipation & virtually noise-free braking.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I’ve experimented with 7 different pad manufactures, including the Z26, and highly recommend Stop Tech “street” pads #308.14051. All the OE Brembo pad bite without the dust. Tried a full ceramic and they quickly wore out, made noise and didn’t perform all that well. Not to mention really expensive.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had the Powerstop Z23 brake kit, drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads on my "10 R/T. Much improved braking and very very little dust.

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
Power stop pads are the way to go! I have had them on my SRT and loved them.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,345 Posts
We did a huge amount of research on this subject a couple years ago. Many on this forum ended up with the Z23's or the Z26's from Powerstop. I'm the guy that contacted one of the engineers at Powerstop and got it right from him that the pads have identical composition. I told him I needed some technical info about the 6 piston Brembo's on my '15 SRT392. The difference is the backing plate. The Z23's are rated for typical street drivers like me that tend to go easy on their brakes. He was the one that confirmed for all of us that the factory semi-metallic pads are hard on rotors, and that we could expect longer rotor life using ceramic pads like the Z23's or Z26's. He also said they will NOT improve braking performance over the factory pads: they are not designed to do so. My take on it was that I don't want or need the incredible brakes on my car. What I need is less brake dust and less rotor wear.

Research links:

“2015 SRT brake job cost” from dec 2016 CLICKY 1

“Dealer quote for brakes 15 SRT” from Aug 2017 CLICKY 2

“2015+ Brake pad life” from Sept 2017 CLICKY 3

“SRT 2 piece rotor: new rings and pads install” from June 2018 CLICKY 4

“Guide To Cheapest 6 Piston Replacement/Maintenance” from Oct 2018 CLICKY 5

Latest and greatest price on SRT front brakes: from THMotorsports 11/6/2018 CLICKY 6

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,345 Posts
Yes the pads will fit your 17 scatpack. They are available for every challenger configuration. Read up on the links I provided above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts