Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from tinting and ceramic coating. Having never had ceramic coating on a vehicle before any advice on how to care for it and get the most out of it? Also advice on what's worse for ceramic coating, sun exposure or debris from trees (leafs, twigs, possible tree sap and bird droppings)? I don't have the ability to keep it in a garage or covered parking lot at work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good rule of thumb, whatever is bad for your paint is bad for the coating.

Best soaps to clean with are ones that don’t leave a film, like ones that have wax or gloss enhancers. I like Adams Shampoo, it’s what I use on my wife’s Grand Cherokee that has a ceramic coating. It’s a good price and works well. You could also use something cheaper like Turtle Wax Ceramic Wash but I hear it doesn’t suds up as well. If your car isn’t super dirty you can use ONR for a rinseless wash.

Every few months put a topper coat on, (not wax or sealant) either the manufacturer of the ceramic or you can really use anyone else’s boosts made for ceramic. I have Adam’s Boost because it came with the coating but I’m looking at others.

Once a year do a iron remover.

Congrats on the coating!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,570 Posts
Even with the coating, remove any bird bombs as soon as you see them. They are very acidic, and can etch. the coating, and through to the clear if left to bake a long time, Obviously don't obsess, if you see them after work, when you get home remove, that is soon enough for no permanent damage, especially with the coating

Be careful as birds eat grit to aid digestion, don't rub them off. Wet towel or paper towel until poop turns soft, remove carefully, wipe clean.

It's all common sense, touching paint the least amount possible. Soft towels, dry with blower, good drying towels by pulling open towel across surface, pat drying, etc. There are even coating friendly sprays that act as a drying aid, and top off the coating at the same time. The coating should allow fresh(ish) bird poop to be removed by just making it wet, especially when the coating is new.

Wait until the 1st time it's rained on and you drive off and all the water just rolls off, and the car looks like it was just washed, it's a trip ;)

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts