Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys just got a new challenger t/a and i want to ceramic coat it. My detail guy says it will be fine anybody here have experience with this? Is it a good investment?

·
Registered
66 Posts
As long as its prepped perfectly and applied evenly, you'll be fine. It'll look more rich, less dry. Definitely a nice look and will help to protect the very sensitive matte paint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am an older fellow - lol... not familiar with these applications. Excuse my ignorance - but what is ceramic coating...? Like the other fellow I am awaiting my TA build to hit the dealer. I am concerned about this matte paint as I know how tempermental it can be and being oldr just don't want to fuss about it. So what can I do to minimize BS problems with this paint ...?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,783 Posts
I'd say a PPF (Paint Protection Film), like Xpel, etc.

XPEL STEALTH Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp

Or a Ceramic coating

The Truth About Ceramic Coatings | Charlotte, NC

There are many coatings, and they can be applied over PPF as well. They are more for shine and their properties of shedding water and protection from elements.

I'd think if you just want to protect the matte, and make washing and maintaining easier, the PPF may be a better choice. If you want that just waxed look, that is easy to maintain, nothing beats a quality coating applied by a quality detailer.

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
there are no Xpel installers in my area - is there some other product similar ... ? I have a car wrapping business located 30 miles from me I should call them ...? Also, do you know if the stripes on the sides of the TA are removable or are they clear coated the IDIOT dealer has no clue can you imagine...?

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Also, do you know if the stripes on the sides of the TA are removable or are they clear coated the IDIOT dealer has no clue can you imagine...?
The stripes are removable. Some heat from a blow dryer will help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
there are no Xpel installers in my area - is there some other product similar ... ? I have a car wrapping business located 30 miles from me I should call them ...? Also, do you know if the stripes on the sides of the TA are removable or are they clear coated the IDIOT dealer has no clue can you imagine...?

both Suntek and STEK have great film, check to see if there are any local installers of those near you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts