Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m looking at getting my car ceramic coated and paint corrected. The paint correction is a for sure, since it has a lot of swirls and what not. I have attached a picture below with the ceramic coating options and prices. I was thinking about just doing the silver package, or should I just jump to the silver plus package? Would appreciate any help/recommendations.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's worth noting that the more coatings put on at once the more chance there is for them to screw up the application process then seal visible high spots and blemishes into the next layer. Unless you really trust them I'd just pay for the more easily correctable silver package every 4 years.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
As for ceramic coating alone...they sell those in bottles for a DIY application that are a lot less than that costs. They sell clay bars too :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whatever they claim, cut that in half. No way a top coat will last two years, honestly this gives me some red flag vibes. I’d assume you would have to bring your car in for routine washes to keep their warranty. Their coating longevity is based on controlled environments, not real world. For instance, my car is outside all day and I would never expect any of those coating packages to last me very long unless I’m washing my car weekly and topping it every couple months. So if you have time to do that you’re good or see if you’re even allowed to clean your own car might have an issue with their warranty.

Personally, I would shop around some more. Ceramic coatings can and will fail at some point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The package you choose depends on 2 things:
Is your car a lease or purchase?
Is it sheltered or under sunlight most of the time?
My car is for keeps and spends most of its time in sheltered parking, so I went with the Gold package. They coated the black plastic spoiler and rocker panels, too, - so it won't gray out. Here is a video of it the day I picked it up from Ceramic Pros, Burbank California:

Ceramic Coating on B5 Blue Dodge Challenger SRT 392

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My car is for keeps and spends most of its time in sheltered parking, so I went with the Gold package. They coated the black plastic spoiler and rocker panels, too, - so it won't gray out. Here is a video of it the day I picked it up from Ceramic Pros, Burbank California:

Im keeping my car for good. How happy are you with the ceramic coating ? And how much did you pay?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I paid $2,100 for the Gold package, which included coating the windows, wheels and brake calipers. They were anxious for the business and threw in detailing the engine bay and interior.

It's been 2 months since the work and the shine is still as strong as Day 1. The metallic flakes sparkle better than ever. There's this depth of color play that I never had when I first got the car.

I wash the car weekly. You have to change the way you wash if you're going to do this. Think making a car wash as contactless as possible. The guys at Ceramic Pros explained that the trick to prolong the life of the coating is to minimize friction & abrasion from harsh wiping from cheap towels and chamois drying cloths. I use an Adam's pressure washer gun and Foam Cannon, Adam's Mega Foam Shampoo, and edgeless microfiber towels (500 GSM thickness) from Rag Company. I let the foam sit on the car for 5 minutes to lift up dirt/grease from the coating. After 5 minutes I lightly wipe away spots/residues with the the towel and then rinse off the car. I then dry the car with a leaf blower (the beaded water just rolls off) then gently dry the car with another clean towel (straight lines only & no circular motion).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
I'm not saying Ceramic pro is no good, but they way they advertise and sell these packages is. 9H hardness, multiple coats adds hardness, etc. A good ceramic 2 coats is sufficient, and a gloss topper is a possibility. 9H refers to the Moh’s Scale of Hardness meaning the coating is nearly as hard as diamonds, it is actually about as hard as the graphite in a 9H pencil. The quality of the detailer is what's most important, after that Ceramic Pro should be a sufficiently good quality coating.

For the warranty you need to prove you have maintained to their criteria, and have it inspected yearly. Just be aware

Anyone can apply Ceramic Pro, no vetting for quality from the company. Make sure the shop you choose has good reviews. Just FYI

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
49 Posts
I was looking at this same thing and wasn't sure if I should start another thread or continue the discussion on here?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
Whichever you wish ;) If there is already discussion in this thread you would refer to, you can just add on, or refer to this thread, makes no difference. I'm sure any questions answered would be relevant to the OPs questions as well

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
49 Posts
Alright since I'm also shopping around for ceramic coating in Southern CA the place I called was Diamond Auto Salon in Westlake Village, the guy I spoke with quoted me several different options from 1595-2495$ more layers and more years of supposed protection under warranty. This is with any paint correction needed included into each price. They say they use FEYNLAB paint. Does this sound right I looked up FEYNLAB and the place and they both have good reviews but I'm not sure if this is a good price?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,869 Posts
The other thing that I'd look at before spending a dime with pretty much any company is what happens if you get the Lifetime coating and they go out of business? You've just wasted your money. The other thing is what does the Lifetime coating include since there is not a coating made that will last a Lifetime?

I've been thinking of doing my own wash, clay bar/rag, paint correction (not much has to be done because she looks pretty darned good under an LED paint light) and then using the 22ple HPC on her.

From the Guys that know about coatings, is that a pretty good one or would you recommend a better one for DIY?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scatpack
47 Posts

Love the color on your car. Looks flawless. Beautiful man! The wheels look awesome too. Overall props and kudos on such a clean look; literally in more than one way.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
The other thing that I'd look at before spending a dime with pretty much any company is what happens if you get the Lifetime coating and they go out of business? You've just wasted your money. The other thing is what does the Lifetime coating include since there is not a coating made that will last a Lifetime?

I've been thinking of doing my own wash, clay bar/rag, paint correction (not much has to be done because she looks pretty darned good under an LED paint light) and then using the 22ple HPC on her.

From the Guys that know about coatings, is that a pretty good one or would you recommend a better one for DIY?
Yes, it's a quality coating. Supposed to be relatively easy to apply

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
Alright since I'm also shopping around for ceramic coating in Southern CA the place I called was Diamond Auto Salon in Westlake Village, the guy I spoke with quoted me several different options from 1595-2495$ more layers and more years of supposed protection under warranty. This is with any paint correction needed included into each price. They say they use FEYNLAB paint. Does this sound right I looked up FEYNLAB and the place and they both have good reviews but I'm not sure if this is a good price?
I had not heard of FEYNLAB, not often discussed with the best ceramic coatings...not to say it isn't. The price is high enough that other options are available to look into. Might contact Christopher Brown at

He is a member here and turned me on to my detailer up here. My detailer spoke very highly of him

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
49 Posts
I had not heard of FEYNLAB, not often discussed with the best ceramic coatings...not to say it isn't. The price is high enough that other options are available to look into. Might contact Christopher Brown at

He is a member here and turned me on to my detailer up here. My detailer spoke very highly of him

A Guy
Thank you I went ahead and reached out.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
He said it included any paint correction needed

A Guy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts