Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went to detail my full Ceramic Scat today for the first time. Removed the pollen with a clean "California" duster. Still, bug splatters and bug/bird droppings on it, not too bad but some.
Tried a spray on detailer that I have been using for years on clear coat that I have had great results with. Even won "Best paint in show" using it once.
BIG mistake! The results were horrible. Managed to get the small amount I had sprayed on off of it. Did some homework and went and picked up some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. Applied per instructions to entire car. This stuff is amazing! (But a little costly). Easily removed the bug/bird contaminates.The shine is excellent. I can highly recommend it.
Sorry about the "off brand" poster in the background....no, not really!

Automotive design Drink Tire Liquid Advertising

·
Registered
307 Posts
You need to use a waterless wash or detail spray designed for ceramic's. You only have to do it once to learn not to do it again lol

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,441 Posts
Who knew…I didn’t…I do now!

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never let cost be a factor.........results are what you want.
Especially when your son works at O'Reilly's and you get it for half price. He got a better job at a dealership and starts in 2 weeks. Gonna miss the discount!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I did mine today also. A lot of work. I used 303 Nano Graphene Ceramic. It came out good. I just hope it lasts, don't want to have to do this every couple of weeks. I want to just wash and dry.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
591 Posts
So, went to detail my full Ceramic Scat today for the first time. Removed the pollen with a clean "California" duster. Still, bug splatters and bug/bird droppings on it, not too bad but some.
Tried a spray on detailer that I have been using for years on clear coat that I have had great results with. Even won "Best paint in show" using it once.
BIG mistake! The results were horrible. Managed to get the small amount I had sprayed on off of it. Did some homework and went and picked up some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. Applied per instructions to entire car. This stuff is amazing! (But a little costly). Easily removed the bug/bird contaminates.The shine is excellent. I can highly recommend it.
Sorry about the "off brand" poster in the background....no, not really!

View attachment 1021033
Why do you have a poster of a Saturn and and Pontiac Sunfire? 😁

·
Registered
107 Posts
Had mine coated with less than 500 miles on it. I ended up getting a detail spray from the company that did the work, as I know what they use will not do damage to the coating. They recommended always using a low pressure water wash with a soap that is Ceramic Safe. So far I'm a year in and the coating is till doing its job.

On another note, I was told, NEVER use a duster on the coating, as it can scratch the hell out of it. Just what I was told and I haven't used one yet, so i can not verify the validity of the clam.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
All you guys with this fancy smancy high tech ceramic. I had my car glass coated when new (10 years ago). Although it must have pretty much worn off by now (even though my car is a garage queen), I still only use distilled water (sprayed on) and wiped off with an Adams cloth. Very few micro scratches. I have an appointment to get it completely redone in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
My detailer said unless it’s bird shit, live with the dust etc until the next wash. Rinse thoroughly in shade with cool conditions. Then foam etc. Blow dry.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did mine today also. A lot of work. I used 303 Nano Graphene Ceramic. It came out good. I just hope it lasts, don't want to have to do this every couple of weeks. I want to just wash and dry. View attachment 1021072 View attachment 1021073
Looks good. Yes, it takes some elbow grease to do it well. As my car has full ceramic already on it, I just consider this as a way to brighten it up every now and then. I'm thinking every couple of months maybe. But I'm one of those guys who enjoys cleaning the machine.

Why do you have a poster of a Saturn and and Pontiac Sunfire? 😁
HAHA, My son gave it to me when I got my Hawks'. What was a Dad to do....put it in the garage!

There is a 50% markup .WOW.
Yes but only on a few select items. Things like oil, additives ect, almost no discount as there is almost no markup.

Had mine coated with less than 500 miles on it. I ended up getting a detail spray from the company that did the work, as I know what they use will not do damage to the coating. They recommended always using a low pressure water wash with a soap that is Ceramic Safe. So far I'm a year in and the coating is till doing its job.

On another note, I was told, NEVER use a duster on the coating, as it can scratch the hell out of it. Just what I was told and I haven't used one yet, so i can not verify the validity of the clam.

View attachment 1021124
Wow, thanks. Gonna call the detail shop and verify today.

My detailer said unless it’s bird shit, live with the dust etc until the next wash. Rinse thoroughly in shade with cool conditions. Then foam etc. Blow dry.
Shade yes, cool conditions? In the deep south? So I have to wait until November to wash my car? Crap. LOL! :confused:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT Frostbite
77 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts