Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best pictures, but it's done. 3 stage paint correction, 5 year exterior, interior, and wheels. No tire shine seemed to upset the world, but I live on a gravel road so it's no beno..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,789 Posts
Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,520 Posts
That’s as shiny as it gets right there! Isn’t it going to kill you to drive it on a gravel road to bring it home?
I was thinking the same thing!

I will say that they did a FANTASTIC job on your Hellcat! That is one of the shiniest Challenger's that I've seen!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sharp looking!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not the best pictures, but it's done. 3 stage paint correction, 5 year exterior, interior, and wheels. No tire shine seemed to upset the world, but I live on a gravel road so it's no beno..

It looks amazing!,,What do they charge for this? How long does the process take.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks amazing!,,What do they charge for this? How long does the process take.
Takes a couple days, cost is all over the place depending on what you want done and what products. Mine was 1450.00.

·
Registered
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
269 Posts

I love my matte finish but damn that looks sweet!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,520 Posts
Takes a couple days, cost is all over the place depending on what you want done and what products. Mine was 1450.00.

Thanks for the pricing info!

I don't think that's bad for having 3 stage paint correction and the ceramic too! That's alot of work!

Now you'll have to hurry up and X-Pel your whole car before it gets dirty! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pricing info!

I don't think that's bad for having 3 stage paint correction and the ceramic too! That's alot of work!

Now you'll have to hurry up and X-Pel your whole car before it gets dirty! :D
That included ceramic interior and wheels. But your right, the paint correction removed ever peal bit and made it a deep shine. 5 year warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,789 Posts
Here the paint correction alone is going to be more than that ;) 3 stage is chasing every last bit of imperfection

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
293 Posts
Looks amazing. I think that’s a good price. Had my SPS done in 2016. 2 stage paint correction and cQuartz finest. Paid around 1250. Plan on having my new Cat done in the spring. What ceramic coating did you go with?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks amazing. I think that’s a good price. Had my SPS done in 2016. 2 stage paint correction and cQuartz finest. Paid around 1250. Plan on having my new Cat done in the spring. What ceramic coating did you go with?
They used GRAPHENE Coating. They have different coatings for the different warranty lengths.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome car, how do you plan to protect from the stone chips with the wide body?
PPF on the flares and ZL1 guards are my current attempts. That and 10 MPH or less. The dust from dry days is the bigger issue. It gets every where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was thinking of gettIng ceramic done myself. I was wondering if there was any special care / washing instructions once it’s completed ? Looks great btw

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,789 Posts
You just use careful washing practices, nothing particular because it's coated. The only caveat may be to not use a shampoo that has fillers, glossifiers, wash'n wax, etc. You don't want to add anything to the properties of the coating with your shampoo

For example

Unique Gloss Enhancing Formula
Bring the shine back to your car with every wash! Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss is formulated to enhance the brightest shine on any color paintwork. The unique gloss-enhancing formula coats the surface to create a layer of shine that commands attention. The all-natural gloss agent restores that “just waxed” look with at every weekly wash!

moreover, Meguiar's does not only add glow and shine, it adds an extra layer of protection to the surface. The clear coat safe Camauba and synthetic polymer are integrated to ensure deep cleaning, protection
These products will not harm the coating, but will mask the natural water repellent properties of the coating. It's not a "Never do this!" thing, but there are so many good neutral ph balanced shampoos that don't leave a coating behind

For instance, another shampoo by Meguiar's will not leave a coating behind

Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash

I use CarPro Reset designed for coated cars

CarPro Reset was formulated as the perfect partner to nanotechnology based sealants and coatings, with cleaning properties tailored to their unique needs. Utilizing Intelligent pH Surfactants, Reset breaks down road grime and traffic films with the power of an alkaline cleaner, whilst being as gentle on the surface as a pH-neutral shampoo. Afterwards Reset quickly rinses free from the surface, leaving behind no soap residues or interfering silicones, and restoring the beading and dirt releasing properties (The ‘Hydrophobic Effect’) of the surface to help maintain its protection.
Most coating manufacturers also have a shampoo, these would work with any coated car

GYEON quartz Q²M Bathe

Gtechniq W1 G Wash

Just use a quality shampoo with no fillers, soft wash mitts, 2 bucket wash, and quality towels.

A Guy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts