Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted my feedback on the Cervini Ram Air kit. I gave it an overall rating of 7/10 due to the airbox fitment. After tinkering with the airbox to get it into position for a good seal to the hood, the intake tube was so compressed that the bump outs on the intake tube were rubbing on the hood causing the paint to be chipped away. Being a bit OCD about these types of things I needed to fix this.

I did an exhaustive search on line but there really isn't anything that could just be bought off shelf so I just made my own. I bought a new air temp sensor and a piece of HPS silicone hose and just cut to fit then drilled out a hole for the sensor. The sensor isn't in the exact same location but only slightly off from original.

The car seems to be running the same as before so the sensor placement seems to be fine.

Anyway I'm posting this follow up as an FYI in case anyone has recently purchased this ram air kit and is running into a similar issue. It may save you some time. See attached pics. I just clayed my car this past weekend and it is smooth as butter (had to throw that one in)

Still trying to find a blue filter that fits this box. Seems like it would be easy but no luck yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
On my last R/T I modified the CERVINI airbox to accept the MOPAR CAI filter that you can buy separately on E Bay(it is blue).Basically you have to cut the Cervini box on the side closest to the radiator and make it larger.I did it with sheet metal and attached it to the plastic Cervini airbox.Painted it satin black to match the plastic box.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
You made an awesome purchase with this mod. I absolutely LOVE mine, and I can really feel the extra oomph when accelerating from a dead stop. A word of advice... do NOT listen to any trolls on this or any other Challenger forum who play this mod down as a hoax or whatever. It really works, there is a real ram air boost from it when accelerating, and it is not about sound only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts