Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer some questions about the Cervini shaker.
1. What about rain water? Does it have drains?
2. Can you use a K&N CAI with it?
3. How does it mount to the engine? Is the height adjustable?
4. Will it get in the way of a catch can ?
5. Will they paint the air filter cover black?
6. I want to get the hood painted, does the hood fit good?

Anyone have close up pics of how it mounts to engine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1. What about rain water? Does it have drains?
It has drain tubes. Rain is not a problem
2. Can you use a K&N CAI with it?
It comes with its own filter and housing
3. How does it mount to the engine? Is the height adjustable?
Mounts with brackets to the top of the engine. Not adjustable
4. Will it get in the way of a catch can ?
No, mine is mounted with a 'Z' bracket from Billet Tecnologies
5. Will they paint the air filter cover black?
I had the shaker painted to match the car. The filter cover is brushed aluminum but it can be painted
6. I want to get the hood painted, does the hood fit good?
With some adjustment from the hood brackets, mine fits perfect.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
1. What about rain water? Does it have drains? Rain will collect around the shaker base and drain towards the front of the engine bay by the radiator. I've driven through very heavy rain with no problems.
2. Can you use a K&N CAI with it? Possibly. The shaker setup uses the stock intake tube, so if the K&N is of similar length and dimensions it might work. But you are getting a new air box and filter, so why not use it...
3. How does it mount to the engine? Is the height adjustable? The shaker base attaches right to the top of the intake manifold using some empty bolt holes. It is not height adjustable, and I'm not sure you'd have a lot of room to adjust it anyway. I guess you could if you got creative.
4. Will it get in the way of a catch can ? No. I have the fender mount catch can, but I've seen others with the front mount.
5. Will they paint the air filter cover black? You'd have to ask. I've never seen one painted.
6. I want to get the hood painted, does the hood fit good? The hood fits very well, but there will be adjustments. For example, I had to use a dremel to adjust the hood latch down so that the front of the hood is flush with the fenders. If you're patient you can do it. If not, better to take it to a body shop to have it done.

Anyone have close up pics of how it mounts to engine. I don't have any pics, but if you visit the Cervinis website there is a YouTube video of the install (with some sweet Alice in Chains in the background). Its a pretty detailed video, and you'll be able to see where it all attaches. Bottom line is that it fits over all existing stock components, and you don't really have to tear anything down.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The previous posters have already answered the questions. I would like to add; the K&N filter it comes with is a 3308, 3" base filter. I replaced mine with an AEM as it's supposed to have better flow than the K&N and it's not oiled. It also fits tighter than the K&N, which is prone to get loose and fall into the airbox, as it is only held on by a pressure fit. Be very careful with the set screws that hold the top onto the airbox, they can get lost very easily.

One thing I will recommend if you buy a shaker or any other type of aftermarket hood, is to have it professionally installed. Most problems, I have seen complaints on here, is the buyer has no idea (or very little) of how to install and then when it doesn't align right, they want to blame the manufacturer. if you don't know what you're doing, let a pro handle it. The shaker does allow for minor adjustment, but not much. A little common sense goes a long way.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
As for mounting it uses the same fuel rail bolts that are used to attach the stock engine cover, for the side mounting points. Here is a pic that shows how the passenger side mounts.

The front attaches to the front of the engine using two pedestals that protrude from the shaker base. You can see the passenger side front mount in this pic:
. I have since installed a Magnason SC and have deleted the two front mounting pedestals, with no detriment to function.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The previous posters have already answered the questions. I would like to add; the K&N filter it comes with is a 3308, 3" base filter. I replaced mine with an AEM as it's supposed to have better flow than the K&N and it's not oiled. It also fits tighter than the K&N, which is prone to get loose and fall into the airbox, as it is only held on by a pressure fit. Be very careful with the set screws that hold the top onto the airbox, they can get lost very easily.

One thing I will recommend if you buy a shaker or any other type of aftermarket hood, is to have it professionally installed. Most problems, I have seen complaints on here, is the buyer has no idea (or very little) of how to install and then when it doesn't align right, they want to blame the manufacturer. if you don't know what you're doing, let a pro handle it. The shaker does allow for minor adjustment, but not much. A little common sense goes a long way.

Good luck with your decision.
Do you have the part number on the AEM filter? I was looking at them the other day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the replies and pics.
I have a catch can with a front mount, guess I need to get a side z bracket.
The reason I want to use the K&N is for the intake tube, I don't want to use the factory one with the silencer.
Bluert - is that an SRT intake tube? And what brand Tower Brace? Your engine looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thanks, yes it's an SRT tube from an 09, and it's for sale (plug,plug) It's listed in the for sale section. It's a Petty's brace.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Do you have the part number on the AEM filter? I was looking at them the other day.
Sure, sorry for the delay. It's Summit part number AIS-21-2039DK. I also bought the filter wrap pre-filter to go with it. The prewrap is not necessary but I thought, "What the hell- go for it". Be prepared it is a TIGHT fit. You'll have to struggle a bit, but it will go in.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You'll have to struggle a bit, but it will go in.
That's what she said...

Sorry, bad joke and too many office episodes. Thanks, that's the part number I was looking at. I think I'll go ahead and make the swap. I've never been to keen on K&N anyway.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just got don e installing mine. Used my front mount catch can. The shaker uses the same bolt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's awesome RT Fan . Hood fit good?? Any pics?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here ya go
image.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts