Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I like my Ram Air but if I had to do it over again I think I would've got the rotofab last year instead of it. First of all Cervini's said they were going to send out crankcase filters for the Ram Air kit and they never did, but that wasn't a big deal I just went and bought one. Now my filter wants to fall out of the hole it goes in. I emailed them about it and they never emailed me back then I called them and the guy said he was about to send me a tech email right when I called. He said he would send that email and then I would just reply to it telling him the problem with some pictures. Well about 2 weeks has gone by and no tech email.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Yeah I like my CAI, but their customer service is terrible. I have never had a response to any email sent. I guess when you are supplying petty with shakers, peons like us do not deserve responses?

·
Registered
736 Posts
They are bad to respond for sure. I was going to let them test fitment on my SC car, but they wanted to charge me full price! So I asked to speak to someone else since I was kind of helping them out too. I spoke to someone, and he said he would get back to me, that was last year!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I always thought their CAI was a jip, there's no way enough air comes in to make any real time difference, and the box\tube\filter are very very cheap if I recall, glad I got the Roto..same function, just simpler and nicer...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Filter Fitment

Ok I like my Ram Air but if I had to do it over again I think I would've got the rotofab last year instead of it. First of all Cervini's said they were going to send out crankcase filters for the Ram Air kit and they never did, but that wasn't a big deal I just went and bought one. Now my filter wants to fall out of the hole it goes in. I emailed them about it and they never emailed me back then I called them and the guy said he was about to send me a tech email right when I called. He said he would send that email and then I would just reply to it telling him the problem with some pictures. Well about 2 weeks has gone by and no tech email.
You and I spoke about your filter slipping out of the air box hole on another thread. I've been doing some thinking about the matter and I wonder if the wrong filter was sent to you with your kit or are you using another brand of filter? My K&N filter takes some doing to remove. As you may recall my issue was with the taper on the end of the air box and my intake hose slipping off. I grooved around the air box outlet and fixed that. I wonder if some electrical tape placed around the filter end wouldn't fix your problem since the filter is loose. Since Cervini's uses the K&N filter with their kit maybe they sent you the wrong one. For everyone else I am sorry that you have had tech problems with Cervini's. I have had no problems with their support people and I feel bad because I recommend their Ram Air Kit at every opportunity.
Shop Hemi is a distributor of Cervini's products and I believe they are a supporter on Challenger Talk. Maybe they can help with your problems since they carry all of Cervini's products. I feel I have a personal stake in this since I spout off about Cervini's all the time. Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts