Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my Cervinis Shaker Hood today. Install went pretty smooth. A couple of minor aggravations but that's with all mods. Also installed the Cervinis billet grill, not sure yet if I like the grill. And installed coil covers, 345 HEMI. And then re-installed my Mopar hood pins. That was probably the biggest pucker factor, drilling holes in the new fiberglass hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
That looks great! I am considering this mod for my 2014 (should have waited to buy a Shaker model). Did you order the hood painted from Cervinis? I worry that the wires on the hood pins will mark up the hood and/or fascia, any problems with them?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the comments. The coil pack covers are not under the shaker but there right up against it. I had to use a dremmel with a cut off wheel to modify them. It took a good bit of grinding to make them fit right. But its definitely do-able. I did get the hood painted by Cervinis and it looks great. It fit great too. You do have to have some patience aligning it. It probably took me about an hour to get the gap the same on both sides. But I'm a perfectionist so it had to be perfect. The gap is a little bigger than the factory hood by Cervinis probably does that to make sure they fit on all cars. I had the hood pins on my factory hood too and yes they do rub a little. They scuff the fascia and the hood about 2" long. But most of it will buff out. I also keep it well waxed in those spots to help protect it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
On the lanyards, have you tried laying them out and coating them with a good layer of Plastidip, clear or black or whatever color you want. Thought it might help eliminate some of the scuffing problems. Just a thought.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plastidip might help. If it stays flexible. But the cables are already coated.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love the look of the Shaker Hood so I might just use the pins without the cables. Does the new hood still use the remote latch?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Does the new hood still use the remote latch?
Yes, the only OEM hardware that gets changed are the hood struts because the fiberglass hood is heavier than the stock aluminum hood.

To the OP, did you have to elongate the left side hole in the hood latch to get it to line up in the front? I think many of us did, just wondering if they ever made any corrections to make it fit better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On the hood latch I had to grind out both holes about an 1/8" It lined up fine side to side but when the hood latched the hood wasn't all the way down. So I had to move the latch down some to tighten up the hood.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Shaker, Octane red with red interior, automatic, dynamics...
33 Posts
I had the Cervinis T/A hood on my 2012 RT Plus. I wish I had purchased an OEM hood. The fiberglass hood with the thick heavy plastic scoop was just way too heavy. Plus the fiberglass hood always had a few waves in it. But t did look great. I couldn't sneak into a parking lot that's for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts