Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know alot of you have updated your echaust and for you guys I have a couple of question. I'm thinking about takeing solo up on their offer at CF2 for an exhaust and they said
"You would need our auto MDS kit, which would be $824 installed at CF2". Will this give me a good sound? I'm concerned about Drone, CEL and back presure too Anyone have any info I can use to help make up my mind?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Banned
811 Posts
When MDS engages, the exhaust becomes louder, just like with the stock exhaust, but more pronounced for obvious reasons. However, after my Solo exhaust broke in, I find it to not be obtrusive, and I don't plan on adjusting the J pipes. I consider it "drone free".

There are no backpressure or CEL concerns with this exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I wish I could hear them first. If I get it done up there and I don't like it I won't have the original exhaust to put back on.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I have the solo exhaust and hf cats on mine. All though it's an srt auto. I will be at cf2 for you to hear. If your looking looking for that hot rod sound that you thought these cars should of come with from the the factory. Solo is the way to go. It's awesome. I've heard quite a lot of exhausts and I think it sounds the best. It has the idle rumble and when you get on it it's music to the ears. You won't be disappointed

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys I went ahead and ordered them and they are going to put them on at 1 on Friday so if anyone wants to hear what they sound like let me know and I'll be glad to show you Friday night or Sat.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I couldn't lay off either after what everyone said about them, the video, and free install..getting mine put on right after you.....:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't lay off either after what everyone said about them, the video, and free install..getting mine put on right after you.....:bigthumb:
congrats on that. the only bad thing about getting it done up there is we can't put the originals back on if we don't like them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, don't think we'll get those in the trunk:werd:

·
Registered
239 Posts
As I had just place orders at MGP...RPI...Billet Tech....and Speedlogix when I brought up the Solo she said :disgust: can we be finished ordering things for a while. I said suuuurrrrreeee we can :browsmiley:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
ICON, I'm pretty sure I'm having my Magnaflow swapped over to the SOLO at CF2 as well. I wanna hear your car bro....maybe take me around the block?

·
Registered
630 Posts
You wouldn't be able to fit the stock exhaust in the car, but you could remove the stock tips if you aren't going to use them.

You'd probably need a hacksaw if you want to take the stock exhaust home. The right side is one continuous piece from the front to the back. It's a big, heavy booger. I had fun throwing it up in the attic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts