Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I heard a high pitched noise happen whenever I lightly press the peddle down. It sounds like a chainy clinging noise that immediately goes away when you take your foot off the gas. Its not that big of a deal but what could that be? Its very light sounding though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I have the same sound in my car. That's the MDS, if you press the peddle further down you'll notice that it goes away. That's when the car switches back to running 8 cylinders instead of 4. When you press it slightly it keeps running on 4. This is what I noticed with my car. I try avoiding this as much as I can. I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
The owners needs to be a little better in trying to describe the issue, it's very vague.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Hey guys I heard a high pitched noise happen whenever I lightly press the peddle down. It sounds like a chainy clinging noise that immediately goes away when you take your foot off the gas. Its not that big of a deal but what could that be? Its very light sounding though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Since your vehicle is still under factory warranty, you can have the dealer inspect vehicle for the condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts