Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Chalky or faded streaks top of new dash

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Knocturnall 
#1 ·
Hi guys - New challenger shopper as I have been test driving a few this week.
Saw that many of the brand new ones have faded chalky light streaks in the dark plastic on top of the dash. Does this clean up OK with dealer prep and more importantly do you have to treat the dash continually with some product? I've never been a fan of the shiny armour all look but was wondering if that is the ultimate solution for the streaks I see.

thanks very much to all who answer....

#2 · (Edited)
Yes it does clean off. Just bought a 14' Blacktop and the same stuff was on the dash at the dealer. Didn't notice that when I bout my first challenger a few years ago but yes it does wipe away.

Edit: Do not use armor all!..I use 303 aerospace vinyl rubber and plastics spray

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
A few others have had this issue. It cleans up with some work. Others have said don't use ArmorAll on Challengers as well.

#5 ·
Mines a month old & its the first thing my wife noticed about the inside.

#7 ·
The new vinyl out gasses and on some cars that are put up for winter storage, I've seen images of a chalky appearance - sometimes splotchy or over most of the surface.

It cleans up fine - it may also be a mold release agent coming up from the vinyl. Its the padded area, not the rigid/hard surfaces below the upper cap/pad.

#8 ·
Why are guys saying not to use Armor-All ? What is the problem? I haven't received my 2014 RT yet. I do have a 2012 Chevy Suburban and armor all the dash in it. I do notice a shiny reflection in the windshield . Is this the reason not to do the Challenger?

#9 ·
Lots of people have said that.. I think the Owners Manual may even say not to use it. I use the Mopar stuff personally.

#10 ·
Guys I bought the SXT that had the chalkiness and whatever the dealer prepped it with did in fact clean it up very nicely. There was no real shine so I don't believe it was armour all....will try to remember to ask what the product actually was. In the future though I will use some of the good recommendations given here.....thanks for all the good information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.