Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 RT Plus lovingly known as the "ChallaCuda" is officially mine. All the mods that I have done are cosmetic only, except for my exhaust cut-outs. (God I love hitting that button !) I am currently looking for some new wheels/tires to replace the factory 20 inch that I never really liked. I saw a beautiful set on a 2017 Charger and i will check to see if they will fit a 2014. ANYWAY.....now I want to start on HP increases. I'm thinking Diablo Tuner, 180* thermostat for a start. Any other opinions. I'm not looking for crazy engine work. If I really wanted crazy HP, I will just trade her in for a Hell Cat upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,060 Posts
I'd start with the diablo tuner, add CAI, 180 t-stat, if you want to drag race I'd pick up some drag radials and mount them on some drag star rim's or if you want to go less expensive some Mustang Cobra replica rims will work (Welds are even better but cost a few bucks). Then if you want maybe add a Mopar TCM (that will give you good strong 6,200 rpm shifts) maybe add a higher stall converter or some blue top solenoids and you should be able to break into the 12's on a good day with good track conditions.

Other things you might consider are some shorty headers, factory 392 headers can be found for around $150 bucks or so used and will pick you up a few ponies. You could also add a shot of nitrous for a little instant horse power.

·
Registered
414 Posts
There's really no way to give you advice without a budget. Start off with a tuner, either SCT or DiabloSport and good summer tires. Don't waste your money on a thermostat.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
First off, congrats on paying off your car! I wish I had the patience to have done that with either my first or second Challenger. I say get a tuner and some long tube headers with catted mids. With a custome tune you'll get around 30hp from those long tubes. Biggest bang for the buck on a 5.7. Enjoy that car.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Good news, I’m sure you’re feeling great.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations! That's all I got.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have a set of OEM Mineral Gray ENVY 20x8 wheels that would look great on that that Granite Chrystal car. Not sure if it's the look you're going for. They're original to my Black-on-Black R/T (see photo) and I think I want to put the same ENVY wheel (in Black) on mine, and I'd like to sell my used (perfect condition) Mineral Gray wheels. If you're not interested, pass the word.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those wheels look very similar to Hurst wheels. I haven't been able to find any old school Rallye Wheels that would fit a modern Challenger. I wish a manufacturer would step up and make some. They could sell quite a few wheels. I am currently leaning on getting a set of 18" Shelby wheels with the knock offs and see how they look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts