Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year, 2016, marks the 10th anniversary of the debut of the 2006 Challenger concept car. As you know, this was a very exciting time for all Challenger enthusiasts- after a long wait of 34 years! In commemoration of this momentous event, Challengertalk will be holding a trivia contest to test members' knowledge.

The first place winner will receive a lifetime membership and be featured on the homepage. The second place winner will receive a premium membership for 5 years and the third place winner will receive a 2-year premium membership.

The contest will run for 5 days, from March 12 to March 17, 2016. To keep everyone's answers secure, your responses to the following 25 questions should be sent to me, via PM message. I will grade them and announce the winners. Good luck to all!

Here are the Challenger concept trivia questions:

1. Name the month/year and the name of the event in which the Challenger concept first appeared. 2. Name the three current and former executives of Daimler-Chrysler who appeared on the stage.
3. Which Hollywood actress also made an appearance on the stage?
4. A FedEx box was opened on stage. What four things were in the box?
5. What was the name of the other concept car that was introduced?
6. What was the full name of the studio that designed the concept car?
7. What were the names of the two exterior and interior designers of the concept car?
8. How many employees worked for the design studio? 10-20, 21-30, or 40+.
9. What was the year that the studio was charged with creating a MOPAR concept car?
10. What four cars were used as ideas for a MOPAR concept car?
11. Why was the 1970 Challenger selected as the design inspiration over the 1971 model?
12. Was the studio initially aware that its concept car would go into production?
13. What other color was considered for the Challenger concept car?
14. Which Chrysler executive coined the phrase, “in your mind’s eye?”
15. What style wheels were originally considered for the Challenger concept?
16. What two features on the Challenger concept were influenced by guns?
17. Which company built the concept car?
18. What was the composition of its body?
19. Two classic Challengers were used by the design studio for inspiration. What were their years?
20. Was the concept car an R/T, SRT, or no designation?
21. Comments from what automotive magazine’s blog influenced Chrysler executives to have two doors and a manual transmission for the concept?
22. Why didn’t the concept car have a racing gas cap, like the 2008 SRT production model?
23. There are about 38 differences (some significant, some minor) between the concept car and the 2008 SRT production model. Name 10 of them. (Note- You can get a 5 point bonus by naming 30 differences).
24. At what NASCAR race, on 7/1/06, did Chrysler announce that it would produce the 2008 Challenger?
25. Dodge had an on-line Event Countdown Clock. At what date and hour (CST) did it signal the start of production for the 2008 model?

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Great Questions Cuda340 and let's get this party started how many long time members will participate?

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 10th Anniversary Trivia Contest starts today!!!

The questions are meant to be hard, but don't let that discourage you from participating. The three winners will be the ones who answer the most questions correctly. That may be only half of the questions. Remember, if you don't try, you can't win.

Answers will be posted after the contest.

Good luck!:smile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Maybe if you sweetened the prize pot somehow?
I'm sure many, like myself, who have already paid for our memberships don't have much reason to invest our time in a contest for no reward.
Just a thought ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I couldn't answer ANY of these questions ! LOL I'm just happy to own my 2014 RT Plus ! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !:grin2:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
too much like homework, I know a third of these of the top but I wouldn't want to finish it half-a$$ed...

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
too much like homework, I know a third of these of the top but I wouldn't want to finish it half-a$$ed...
Submit what you know. You may win 2nd or 3rd prize. :)

It's all about having some fun.

Here is a response that I received from one of our contestants:

"Below is my list of answers. This was such a fun contest! It took me to places that I've never been before on this website and many other websites. I loved the conversations with the designers. Thanks for throwing this out there for everybody."

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C'mon guys, don't be afraid to test your Challenger knowledge! You can be one of our 3 winners!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone should take a shot at this fun contest.

Remember, the first place winner will receive a lifetime membership and will be featured on the homepage. The second place winner will receive a premium membership for 5 years and the third place winner will receive a 2-year premium membership.

As "paid" members you will receive larger avatar, more private message space and bigger gallery space, as well as an option to remove most of the ads (including Google). These upgrades will make your Challengertalk experience much more enjoyable.

Specifically, here's what the winners will receive:

First Place- Lifetime Membership:

*500 private messages.
*140x140 Avatar Size
*60 KB Avatar Space.
*50 MB Gallery Space
*10 Photos for Garage Space.
*Waived $40 per year Fee.

Second Place- Premium Membership (5 Years):

*500 private messages.
*140x140 Avatar Size
*60 KB Avatar Space.
*50 MB Gallery Space
*Waived $15 per year Fee.

Third Place- Premium Membership (2 Years):

*500 private messages.
*140x140 Avatar Size
*60 KB Avatar Space.
*50 MB Gallery Space
*Waived $15 per year Fee.

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As it stands right now, it may only take 10 out of 25 correct answers to win 2nd or 3rd place.

It's not that hard. I have previously provided links where you can find a lot of the answers.

Take a shot, guys.

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here another free answer:

Q14: What Chrysler executive coined the phrase "in your mind's eye?"

A: Tom Tremont, VP of Advanced Vehicle Design.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
13 Participants
Cuda340
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing