Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today that I can order my Challenger 1320. I'm getting quotes from two dealerships and going with the best deal. I have one quote already and getting a second tomorrow morning and placing the order. Octane red with mud guards and power roof. The additional seats of course.

·
Registered
47 Posts
1320 octane red

Good luck with your order pays to shop around.I have a 2019 scat pack widebody octane red took a long time to choose a color and it is awesome, once you order then the wait.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with your order pays to shop around.I have a 2019 scat pack widebody octane red took a long time to choose a color and it is awesome, once you order then the wait.

I will plan to bring it home between the middle of March and the first of April. It snows a lot around here and with all the salt on the roads I will keep it on the showroom floor until I get good road conditions. I can't wait to own it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will plan to bring it home between the middle of March and the first of April. It snows a lot around here and with all the salt on the roads I will keep it on the showroom floor until I get good road conditions. I can't wait to own it.
It will probably get salted in Brampton. Mine was delivered in January and came with a little white crust on the underside.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I placed the order. Now I just got to wait. Every 1320 I've seen online had red brake calipers..I found out to get those it's another $495. The dealer let me have them at cost $414. Got the moonroof. Other than that just what the 1320 package comes with.

·
Registered
645 Posts
How much are you able to negotiate when you order a vehicle? I always felt like when you order you kind of have to pay MSRP. That's not true right? Can you still get a fair deal when you order a custom set up. Or the best ones have to be one that the dealership set up to put on their lots?

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
How much are you able to negotiate when you order a vehicle? I always felt like when you order you kind of have to pay MSRP. That's not true right? Can you still get a fair deal when you order a custom set up. Or the best ones have to be one that the dealership set up to put on their lots?
When I ordered my '16 SP, I paid invoice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I wondered the same thing as this is the first time I ordered a vehicle. Previously bought off the lot or used. My window sticker price was $47772. Shown below;
Sales code LADX22 (Challenger R/T Scat Pack) $38995
DFK (8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans) Buy- US $1,595
XSP (Brake Calipers-Red) $495
GWA (Power Sunroof) $1,295
ALD (Scat Pack Drag Pak) $3,995
Destination Charge $1,395
Total: $47772

My cash delivered price after dealer discount was $43945

Of course there is tax on top of that price, but will still be under $46,000 and will discount whatever the rebate at the time of delivery is.

·
Registered
645 Posts
When I ordered my '16 SP, I paid invoice.
I wondered the same thing as this is the first time I ordered a vehicle. Previously bought off the lot or used. My window sticker price was $47772. Shown below;

Of course there is tax on top of that price, but will still be under $46,000 and will discount whatever the rebate at the time of delivery is.
I wonder if the rebates are pretty predictable meaning, every year around a certain time there are like 3500 factory rebates/discounts and maybe 3500 dealership discount. Makes me want to order my own next time and not have them touch is, maybe shipped directly to have the whole car clear braed, never tried ceramic maybe that in the future possibly instead

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
524 Posts
Ordering mine today. Octane red but having SRT hellcat stripes installed when delivered

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good luck with you order. I ordered my 2019 and waiting for you car is half the fun, and torture. I've ordered a few vehicles over the years from Chrysler and your window sticker should say " This vehicle was built especially for" with your name on it. It makes the car a little more unique to you.

As for road salt. In the event your car is on a car carrier with salty, wet, snowy roads it will get caked in crap. Personally, I would time your order for the end of January beginning of February. That way by the time it ships from the factory you should at least be into March, maybe April, so the likely hood decreases it will get salted.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
524 Posts
Good luck with you order. I ordered my 2019 and waiting for you car is half the fun, and torture. I've ordered a few vehicles over the years from Chrysler and your window sticker should say " This vehicle was built especially for" with your name on it. It makes the car a little more unique to you.

As for road salt. In the event your car is on a car carrier with salty, wet, snowy roads it will get caked in crap. Personally, I would time your order for the end of January beginning of February. That way by the time it ships from the factory you should at least be into March, maybe April, so the likely hood decreases it will get salted.
thanks man. Yes that would be cool having your name on window sticker. Yes I hope weather is good. These cars should be fun with demon suspension and transbrake.

·
Registered
524 Posts

I just ordered one and no discount. How did you get one?

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
What I did on my first order (R/T) was find one on his lot close in equipment and at a nice discount. I went in and told him I wanted to buy a car like that one but didn't like the color, and I wanted to order one for the same price. They pretty much agreed to close to that straight away and I got a brand new ordered car exactly how I wanted it for about $400 more than their lot special.

You just have to ask because many salesman will just come right out and say if you order, you pay full price and that is just not true.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

I was up front with the dealership and told them I was getting three quotes and buying from the dealership who gave me the best price.

The dealership I chose won with their discount. The dealership I bought my diesel Ram 2500 and wife's Grand Cherokee wouldn't beat their price. I said no problem and drove an hour to get the better price.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What I did on my first order (R/T) was find one on his lot close in equipment and at a nice discount. I went in and told him I wanted to buy a car like that one but didn't like the color, and I wanted to order one for the same price. They pretty much agreed to close to that straight away and I got a brand new ordered car exactly how I wanted it for about $400 more than their lot special.

You just have to ask because many salesman will just come right out and say if you order, you pay full price and that is just not true.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I was up front with the dealership and told them I was getting three quotes and buying from the dealership who gave me the best price.

The dealership I chose won with their discount. The dealership I bought my diesel Ram 2500 and wife's Grand Cherokee wouldn't beat their price. I said no problem and drove an hour to get the better price.
thanks guys they put in for a discount and it was accepted. Not sure how much though

1 - 20 of 280 Posts