Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a crashed Challenger on Copart and this is it.

I had some questions about pieces from 2014 and older cars fitting the 2015+.

Do fenders and hood from a 2014 would fit this 2015?

Also, any recommendations on choosing the new pieces?

I was looking into using 2014 fenders and hood to save some cash. The bumpers and headlights would be another story, of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was under the impression that the exterior sheet metal was the same on all 2008-2018 models and that only the plastic parts changed. But I could be wrong. I would look up the parts you need on rock auto and cross reference the part numbers to confirm. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,703 Posts
As you probably already know, there was a refresh in 2015 that saw many things change from the 2014 and below model years. Because of that, you should be very careful when buying parts for your car that do not come from a 2015+ Challenger. Some parts may work, some definitely will not.

Off the top of my head, I cannot say for sure the fenders are interchangeable between the 2014 and below models versus the 2015+ models. I know the hoods are different, but I believe that is only aesthetic in nature, not fitment-wise. One website to bookmark that will help you in determining different year model compatibility for parts is Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market.

It allows you to search wrecking yards for used parts and provides a handy search tool which can look at compatible year models and body styles for a selected part. You don't have to actually buy the part you search for, but you could use their search engine's unique capabilities to determine whether or not a different year model's parts will work for your application.

Good luck with the resto,
Nuke

·
Registered
2 Posts
muffler delete

i have a 2017 sxt v6. Thinking of midmuffler delete leaving resonators on. Is it even worth it? I just want it to have a little rumbleinto it. Stock too quiet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have a 2017 sxt v6. Thinking of midmuffler delete leaving resonators on. Is it even worth it? I just want it to have a little rumbleinto it. Stock too quiet.
i did mid muffler delete with a dual in dual out orginal series 40 mid muffler and resonator delete. Sound alot more like a v8. Not to loud in car sounds really great. The only set up i kw that sounds good. Ive heard alot of options. This is the best for sxt. Cai will make it even better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts