Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I want to sell my CHALLENGER 2016 SCAT PACK.
this post is for advice. I'm italian and I've never sold any car here.

Story behind.

2 weeks ago someone broke into my locker at the gym , got my pants, and stole my car.
After 1hr speaking with police I had the idea to activate the Uconnect tracker.
I was able to ping position and police recovered the car the same night.
Very bad experience . I felt and still feel violated.

So I'm thinking to sell it .
the good thing of this bad story is:
My insurance is paying for everything.
Any Scratches, new brakes ( pads and rotors) , new Windshields , new tires, Deep polish inside and deep cleaning. New Navigation system ( I was activating the horn and the lights, so he punched the screen :) )
In other words,
A brand new car.
I also Have a set of new 4 tires ( firestone Indy500), and 2new Front rotors ( FROZEN ROTORS)
I'll have back the car next week

my Question is : WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SELL THE CAR?

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Please help.

Thank you in advance,

Fly

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,975 Posts
Someone stole your car so you want to sell it? You will get another car? Going to get something less desirable so no one will want to steal it? You live in a city where windows are broken and cars rifled through 85 times a day. Unfortunately, it's a fact of life. I can understand your feeling, but to give up your car because that happened...you lose twice :(

A Guy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but I'm not giving up at all. Hellcat widebody or camaro are my next car.
So it is not related to that.
The smell inside not mine. Cocaine on my objects( including trace of lines on a little mirror of my son) , maybe you dont care about this. But unfortunately I do. I spend most of my work time in the car.
So I just dont like the idea. It is hard to explain( especially in english :) ) but this is what I feel now.
Plus
I was selling the car anyway within 4 months anyway to get a new one.
This will Accelerate the timing.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,975 Posts
Of course, it's your car. A Guy

Reactions: flyhalf

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Well if it's stolen and has a hit on Carfax your going to take a hit, so be prepared. You may have everything repaired and you think it's new, but it's record is blemished and that cant be undone. It may just be easier to trade it in with the dealer your buying the new one from.

Oh and "punched the screen?" What a moron!! Hope he broke his hand..

Reactions: flyhalf

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a friend that was carjacked by knife and her car was put through a similar experience. She also sold her car and purchased a similar model. She explained that, much like what you are saying, she felt violated. Even after having the car detailed she thought she could smell her attacker. Every time she used the car it would bring back the feeling.

You will take a hit financially. However, sometimes peace of mind is worth the cost. I'd suggest listing it privately for a term and see if you get any hits. While it is listed, you might find that you are alright with keeping it. Best of luck!

·
Registered
318 Posts
In the Carfax age, I swear people will have to start suing each other in Civil cases to gain the value that is lost after your car is hit, repaired, but then you still lose another 10% due to the record of the damage.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well if it's stolen and has a hit on Carfax your going to take a hit, so be prepared. You may have everything repaired and you think it's new, but it's record is blemished and that cant be undone. It may just be easier to trade it in with the dealer your buying the new one from.

Oh I agree 100%, with everything you said. Dealers want to move vehicles...... that is what I would do. Shop it around, buying a new one is his best friend now!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

They arrested him.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts