Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you unfamiliar, we're testing and dismantling an SRT8 as part of our build process to build and race a GRAND-AM Continental Tire Challenge Series car later this year and in 2012. We will be doing our last test with our test mule tomorrow (Saturday) at CMP in Kershaw, SC.

Tonight we finally got the correct wheels and got them on the car for the first time. We had to run 0.25" spacers in front and put 3/4-ton Chevy wheel studs on, but other than that the fit was good.

The car actually looks better than we expected with the little tiny (required per rules) Continental race tires on it. Tomorrow should be fun and we'll have a lot of cameras rolling to put together another fun video - this time with some good sound. No mufflers now means it will be much easier to hear the beast as well!

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
Dang, those wheels look small. Good luck ,it looks like you guys are gonna have fun.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Looking good! I hear those Speedlogix decals shave a few tenths off every lap!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
426hemicuda said:
What kind of Rims are those, Micah? Brand, size, specs.
What time will you guys be at CMP?(Might take my son down to watch)
Tires are Continental racing slicks - 275/35/18 per the rules. They're not the greatest tires in the world as far as grip, but they are very consistent over longer runs which is nice. We're running some Mustang FR500 18x10 wheels just for testing, race wheels will be lighter/stronger.

We're finishing up a few odds and end this morning so we'll probably get down to CMP around 11:30. We'll have a little work to do at the track to prep, probably hit the track first session after lunch (1pm or so).

Come on down!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Hope things go well for you. Unfortunately, I have to head out Sunday for a week long trip for work so I am unable to join make the trip to CMP. Can't wait to hear back on your results at the track. Really curious about shock spring rates and wheel travel given the short wheels...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts