Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This isn't cool! A new SRT8 turned into a crispy critter on the assembly line! And the article make reference to this being the second Mopar to burn in a week.

BB - What's happening?

Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Eh...that will buff out

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I wonder what the letter they sent to the person waiting for that car said?
So does this mean all the dash plaques are now wrong and they are ### of 1,491? Man, that's gonna suck for someone.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I smell BS...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was it a mechanical malfunction or human error?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Said something about a heat lamp.......BTW, that car "was" DWB......makes mine that much rarer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Apparently the gentleman who mentioned the ford mustang, has completely forgotten about the the Ford Pinto which was known to have fuel tank problems which could lead to fatalities and severe injuries. Where Ford allegedly was aware of the design flaw, refused to pay for a redesign, and decided it would be cheaper to pay off possible lawsuits.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Here's another one looks like a 2011 Dodge Durango at the Cherry Festival parade.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
what would a heat lamp be used for on an assembly line? that doesn't add up.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I could see a worker being allowed a floor heater of some sort because its cold there but even then, I'm not buying a heat lamp caused the fire. The hood melted. Obviously the fire was under the hood in order for it to melt like that before personnel could extinguish it in quick order.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...I'm not buying a heat lamp caused the fire. The hood melted. ...
Yeah I'm with you. Pretty apparent that was a serious under the hood fire and the hood was closed. Don't see how a heat lamp could have started something under the hood with the hood closed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hmmmm....Allied gets terminated right around the time not one but two Challengers catch fire during assembly?

And, this after tens of thousands of Challengers have been built without a problem?

And, did you see the photo? That car had to burn for 10 - 15 minutes before it was extinguished. Was the entire fire fighting team 20 minutes away from the scene? No fire detectors went off? No automated fire equipment kicked in?

Ah, ya; something is definitely not right here...

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Apparently the gentleman who mentioned the ford mustang, has completely forgotten about the the Ford Pinto which was known to have fuel tank problems which could lead to fatalities and severe injuries. Where Ford allegedly was aware of the design flaw, refused to pay for a redesign, and decided it would be cheaper to pay off possible lawsuits.
Pinto. The car where the flames were painted on the rear and the best vanity plate was KA BOOM! :smokin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts