Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
As DodgeBoy said, there should be SRT variants of all 3 with the launch of the 2012MY, which happens late spring. I wouldn't expect cars on the ground until late fall, though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wonder if the SRT Experience is included in the 2011 sticker? The 2011 SRT Exp schedule is out so it will interesting see how the Challenger only SRT in the line up will effect things? Interesting.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Wonder if the SRT Experience is included in the 2011 sticker? The 2011 SRT Exp schedule is out so it will interesting see how the Challenger only SRT in the line up will effect things? Interesting.
The '11 IE SRT8 comes with a $500 Mopar Accessory Certificate...
Dodge charges $500 to participate (drive) in the SRT Experience...
$500 <---> $500??? Hmmmm? You may be on to something.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
820 Posts
No there will be SRT's in 2012 and none for 2011.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
The '11 IE SRT8 comes with a $500 Mopar Accessory Certificate...
Dodge charges $500 to participate (drive) in the SRT Experience...
$500 <---> $500??? Hmmmm? You may be on to something.:scratchhead:
I just assumed the SRT experience was standard (added into the price) on all SRT's, no need to use any certificate.

Anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Resume Speed had posted previously that the 392 Hemi would have limite availability for the 2011 MY. That probably explains why the SRT trim level has been reduced to just the Challenger.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The SRT Experience is listed under the Standard Eqp column on my 2010 window sticker. No cost or value is listed. Once you've bought an SRT8 you can go to the website listed and input your vin to register for a specific date. I'm registered for the 5 Feb SRT Exp at Laguna Seca and expect they will still be using the 2010 models. It's my understanding that they get new vehicles each year so it will be interesting to see if they end up with a mix of 2010 300's, Chargers, Jeeps and 2011 Challengers?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,794 Posts
That number of only just over 2,500 SRT's sold between the 300 and Charger models is pretty small. IMO, it's most likely not worth it for Dodge make them for such a small market. Not sure what the last Jeep SRT sales numbers were, but it may be a similar scenario.
I did like the last statement in that article though, "That 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 may become a real collector's item, given the fate of the rest of the SRT8 lineup.":bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I did like the last statement in that article though, "That 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 may become a real collector's item, given the fate of the rest of the SRT8 lineup.":bigthumb:
That makes two of us. :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
My guess is, that when the 2011 392 is considered a collector's item...so will ten gallons of 91 octane pump fuel...unfortunately the past is not any indication of what the future will bring in this case. It's just not the 70's anymore, too bad though, it's a nice thought. Buy em, drive em, enjoy em and thank Dodge for building em.:)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
SRT Experience

I too am curious what if anything will happen to the SRT experience now that there will be fewer SRT's built. I thought the experience was fun, I wouldn't pay more than $50-$75 to do it again, but since it was included with my purchase...I enjoyed it. Being the fastest auto-crosser for the day was an added bonus. I hope it continues.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I too am curious what if anything will happen to the SRT experience now that there will be fewer SRT's built. I thought the experience was fun, I wouldn't pay more than $50-$75 to do it again, but since it was included with my purchase...I enjoyed it. Being the fastest auto-crosser for the day was an added bonus. I hope it continues.

Have you looked into these guys?

PDA Driving School

It looks far cheaper and they claim the highest amount of track time. It's BYOC though (Bring Your Own Car). :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Have you looked into these guys?

PDA Driving School

It looks far cheaper and they claim the highest amount of track time. It's BYOC though (Bring Your Own Car). :)
Thanks upgrayedd, that HPDE program looks pretty good!
I also like the link they offer if you want to drive someone else's car. They use 5 speed stangs, it would be quite fun to beat up on one of them for a day...huh?
I have taken my tricked out 94 Miata to Pocono speedway to run their "North Course" road circuit with full instruction for an entire day. This is quite similar to the events held by the guys you posted. I can highly recommend this type of event for those who are turned on by the OP's video, it really is quite a thrill. I still encourage everyone to start with Auto-X first as it teaches fundamental driving skills in a safe and controlled environment.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks upgrayedd, that HPDE program looks pretty good!
I also like the link they offer if you want to drive someone else's car. They use 5 speed stangs, it would be quite fun to beat up on one of them for a day...huh?
I have taken my tricked out 94 Miata to Pocono speedway to run their "North Course" road circuit with full instruction for an entire day. This is quite similar to the events held by the guys you posted. I can highly recommend this type of event for those who are turned on by the OP's video, it really is quite a thrill. I still encourage everyone to start with Auto-X first as it teaches fundamental driving skills in a safe and controlled environment.
I'd like to give a try but like you said I want to try an few autocross events to get the feel for it since it's been 11 years.

I could agree more about autocross. It's the most fun I ever had behind the wheel. At the very least it will teach you A LOT about how your car will react to real world daily driving incidents. I know in some regions the local law enfourcement attend with cruisers to teach their officer what to expect from their cruisers and how to react.

I should make a seperate discussion since I keep hijacking discussions with this subejct. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts