Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of my Challenger friends and clients have been asking to see some pics of their cars, so here's one I did recently. Brand spankin new, just a couple hundred miles. Needed just light correction to fix the heavy texture and lack of clarity these new ones seem to be coming with straight from the factory. A little paint correction and boy did the gloss come out! The body and wheels were fully coated in 2 coats of CQuartz Professional ceramic coating. Wheels were pulled off the car and coated front to back, every square inch before IR curing and remounting. Many people ask if you can coat matte or satin wheels/spoilers/trim/hoods/vinyl, etc. Yes! You can and it looks great. Hope you like it!

Upon arrival at the shop

Dirty wheels about to be pulled off and cleaned and prepped for coating

Tidying up the wheel wells while the wheels are off

This is the texture almost every Challenger and Charger I've seen in the last 4 years seems to have. Its not orange peel. Its more like dye back. The good news is, there is a substantial increase in clarity and gloss to the paint when you correct this.

After correcting it, much more clarity and gloss

All done! Coated and cured and ready for the owner.

Hope you enjoyed checking it out!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Is this the same stuff people can buy from a place like say auto geek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the same stuff people can buy from a place like say auto geek?

No, this is the professional only version. Only available to qualified and certified installers. It's more resilient and durable, harder, more gloss and depth, and comes with a warranty as well.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Is the over the counter stuff per say pretty good?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the over the counter stuff per say pretty good?

Definitely. CQuartz Classic TiO2 and CQuartz UK are both fantastic coatings. If you pick one up, shoot me a message and I can help talk you through the install. It does need to be done very precisely. Its not super hard but I can give you some tips that will make it easier if you want to try it yourself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where are you located? Or can shoot me a pm...as if close enough may take a road trip and have you do my car.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Will do. What is the difference between the tio2 and the uk?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are you located? Or can shoot me a pm...as if close enough may take a road trip and have you do my car.
In the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. Come on out! The weather is awesome right now! I've had people come all the way from FL before (well, shipping their car), so you wouldn't be the first ;)
I'd be honored to do it for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do. What is the difference between the tio2 and the uk?

Primarily, the length of durability and how resistant it is to etching and such. Classic has more of a crisp sealant look, whereas UK has a warmer wax-like look to it. Both are amazing. UK is the superior of the two though.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
10-4. Thanks for the info. Will be in touch

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Hey, your shop looks familiar :D Didn't recognize it without the Red GTO taking up 1/2 the space ;) Jeff corrected and coated my car guys. If you are anywhere near the Bay Area, he's the man! :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,721 Posts
Definitely. CQuartz Classic TiO2 and CQuartz UK are both fantastic coatings. If you pick one up, shoot me a message and I can help talk you through the install. It does need to be done very precisely. Its not super hard but I can give you some tips that will make it easier if you want to try it yourself.
That's a Very Cool offer! You don't have many top notch detailers willing to share their info............Very Cool of you! :thumbsup:

Hey, your shop looks familiar :D Didn't recognize it without the Red GTO taking up 1/2 the space ;) Jeff corrected and coated my car guys. If you are anywhere near the Bay Area, he's the man! :thumbsup:

A Guy
That's also good to know as far as who did "Baby Vader's" coatings!

You have one of the cleanest black Challenger's on this forum (and probably almost anywhere else too) and it always looks Great!

That picture speaks for itself! Just look at the reflectivity and depth of that black paint and anyone who has ever had a black car, knows that they are FAR from maintenance free!

Beautifully done by both of you! :cheers:

·
Administrator
3,747 Posts
Thread bump. Thanks for supporting ChallengerTalk.com IRdetail!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Sneak peek at a big project just finished up. 2018 Hellcat widebody! Done with CQuartz Finest RESERVE

Wow! The ground is clearer in the car than looking directly at the ground.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! The ground is clearer in the car than looking directly at the ground.

Thank you! The full writeup is posted now!

Great job!

You are Definitely a Master of your trade! :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words FreddyG

FreddyG said:
That's also good to know as far as who did "Baby Vader's" coatings!

You have one of the cleanest black Challenger's on this forum (and probably almost anywhere else too) and it always looks Great!

That picture speaks for itself! Just look at the reflectivity and depth of that black paint and anyone who has ever had a black car, knows that they are FAR from maintenance free!

Beautifully done by both of you! :cheers:
:grin2::grin2::grin2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts