Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference in pulley setups for a 2009 challenger vs. the 2011 and up challengers with the 5.7 Hemi. I'm looking at supercharger kits and most list them for 2011 and up. Only real difference I see is the hydraulic power steering pump is on the 2009 and the 2011 and up 5.7s just have an idler pulley in that location. All other pulleys look to be in the same spot and the 5.7s use the same part number for the belt tensioner. Whipple cannot confirm if a 2011 kit will work on my application. Can anyone help confirm if a supercharger kit for a 2011 and up 5.7 will work on a 2009 5.7? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Can anyone tell me the difference in pulley setups for a 2009 challenger vs. the 2011 and up challengers with the 5.7 Hemi. I'm looking at supercharger kits and most list them for 2011 and up. Only real difference I see is the hydraulic power steering pump is on the 2009 and the 2011 and up 5.7s just have an idler pulley in that location. All other pulleys look to be in the same spot and the 5.7s use the same part number for the belt tensioner. Whipple cannot confirm if a 2011 kit will work on my application. Can anyone help confirm if a supercharger kit for a 2011 and up 5.7 will work on a 2009 5.7? Thanks.

The 2011 and up are positioned further from the front of the block, I can't remember the exact measurement off hand. So if the SC is set to line up with the pulley on the 2011 it will be positioned to far toward the front of the car to line up properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2011 and up are positioned further from the front of the block, I can't remember the exact measurement off hand. So if the SC is set to line up with the pulley on the 2011 it will be positioned to far toward the front of the car to line up properly.
Thanks for the information. Anyone know the measurements of the 2011-up pulleys compared to the 2009? Seems like my options on blower kits are limited unless some shimming or pulley machining is done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts