Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this would make for an interesting topic of discussion and to give some consistency (at least with driver, weather factors, etc) for the comparison. These are times from my previous and current Challengers. I have my old timeslips for reference but to make it easier, I just made up a side-by-side.

The DA Correction results are calculated from dragtimes.com tool (DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com).

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I appreciate your efforts, but the only accurate way I can see to do a fair comparison would be to take the three cars, all stock with zero mods, same fuel, same mileage, same driver, same day, and record the times.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I appreciate your efforts, but the only accurate way I can see to do a fair comparison would be to take the three cars, all stock with zero mods, same fuel, same mileage, same driver, same day, and record the times.
What he said. :pimp:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
FYI, many R/T cars respond very well to a custom tune. That alone can result in .5 second quicker in the 1/4.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very interesting how close they all are when you factor in the DA correction. Were all automatics?
Yup, all 3 Challengers were the 5-speed NAG1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts