Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 2862 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T
159 Posts
Bought these wheels about 3 months ago, finally able to get the tires bought and put on. Wheels are Asanti ABL-23 Sigma's, 20x9 in the front and 20x10.5 in the back. Tires are Nitto 555 G2's with 275/40/20 in the front and 315/35/20 in the rear. Absolutely love the new look! Of course I love the factory wheels as well, but being only 8" I'm going to make them my winter set and the Asanti's are my new summer set.

I attached my 5 favorite photos thus far below. Photo 1 shows the best shot of the wheel itself, while photos 2 and 4 are good side profile shots of the whole car. I really like photos 3 and 5 though, because they got just the right angle to show the car's ivory tricoat paint.

Up until this morning I was running my black fuel door, but I decided to try the chrome door out to complement the chrome lip of these wheels. At the end of the day I think I still prefer the black fuel door, so I'll probably go ahead and put it back in.

Next thing on my wish list, a set of the Lil Devil's fender flares painted black. I think that would look absolutely phenomenal!

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 R/T
159 Posts
PrestonRT, looks good!

And what louvers do you have on? How are they?
Thanks man! My louvers are the E&G Classics louvers (E&G Classics® - Rear Window Louvers). I think they look great (otherwise I wouldn't have them I guess haha), but being plastic I consider them somewhat disposable. My first set lasted about 2 years at which point the middle vertical support on the lowest fin broke. Couldn't get glue to stick, so I ended up buying another set and we're one year into that set with no issues.

Remains to be seen if the second set will outlast my first set, but hoping so! Even if they didn't I'd keep getting them I guess. The fit is perfect, I love the look, and I get a lot of positive comments on them when I'm out.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
The Widebody let's us put the correct rubber on. Custom stagger 11" F 305/35 12" R 345/30! Yes, they work very good. Middle of the winter, so might as well post pictures. Have not driven this car in over two months now!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Thanks gentlemen. It is a sweet one. I realized a side shot may also be good.
In a few weeks I'll post up its new look for lapping days. The trial front 12" of the matching four is just about on its way to see if we have something.

·
Registered
486 Posts
SWEET!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,703 Posts
Steamrollers! Awesome (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
739 Posts
DGatzby, what tire size do you have planned for the front, once your 12 inch wide wheels arrive?

By chance, can you confirm 315/35/20 tire fitment "square" on stock Widebody car and wheels w/stock suspension?
I know that is not what you are running, but it looks like you have done some homework on tire fitment options.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
DGatzby, what tire size do you have planned for the front, once your 12 inch wide wheels arrive?

By chance, can you confirm 315/35/20 tire fitment "square" on stock Widebody car and wheels w/stock suspension?
I know that is not what you are running, but it looks like you have done some homework on tire fitment options.
First time around four 325/30's. I know they are shorter and CUP 2's come in that size, that works good for starters.

There is a "rub" not many want to share, but I will. When the wheels extend out similar to mine for a matched staggered look, or at 11.5-12" in front (and documented by another member -Forum, who tried 345/30 fronts) taller tires (including a 305/35), slightly rub the front of the liner on full and nearly full turn. The outside edges of the tire will scuff those front liners. It is a shame, because I want to be able to rotate all four for even wear for lapping, and I really want a taller tire. Would not mind the height of a 315/35, but I don't think that works. To answer your question I think a 315 on the OE wheels may or may not. Great help, huh? Do this; turn a new 305/35 all the way and measure the clearance to the front liner on almost or full turn and see how much gap there is.

·
Registered
739 Posts
DGatzby, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
For those who want to know, Triumph Performance has the secret sauce. This trial wheel/tire shows a 325/30 Cup 2 on a 12" wide rim. Will fit front and back as shown. He tucked some big rubber under those potentially ugly flairs! I am using the set for road course use. Can have pictures of the car with the complete set in a couple of weeks, IF we can get it outside for photos in what remains of the MN winter. So now, us Widebody owners can have 12" all around!! Let the rubber hit the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those who want to know, Triumph Performance has the secret sauce. This trial wheel/tire shows a 325/30 Cup 2 on a 12" wide rim. Will fit front and back as shown. He tucked some big rubber under those potentially ugly flairs! I am using the set for road course use. Can have pictures of the car with the complete set in a couple of weeks, IF we can get it outside for photos in what remains of the MN winter. So now, us Widebody owners can have 12" all around!! Let the rubber hit the road.

View attachment 985380 View attachment 985381
Hey G...what are you going to do with your Us Mag 5 spoke deep dish [email protected]#...im interested...vf

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hey G...what are you going to do with your Us Mag 5 spoke deep dish [email protected]#...im interested...vf
Thanks for asking. The "new" rims and tires are basically exclusively for my track use. I am blessed and fortunate to have that option. So those USA Mags are still my favorite for the street.

Unbelievable fact, I changed up and ordered 345/30 Cup 2's for the rear of the new set yesterday, these PS4S 345/30's that are on the US Mags are MORE EXPENSIVE than the Cup 2!! The big Cup 2 is going to be awesome looking and I bet when warm, they are going to hook extra good. May just need to try them up in a drag race;)

2821 - 2840 of 2862 Posts