Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2897 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Thanks, all. And yes, Nando. I did drop the front--SRT springs.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
hey buddy you had me fooled. I thought your ride was an SRT. Nice job by the way, your car looks awesome

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well ad another black Challenger to the list of cars with after market rims!

They were delivered yesterday and I put them on the car last night. Could not get a good picture of them in the garage so....this is what they are...Avarus AV3

Next step is to get the windows tinted, but will have to wait a few weeks for that...winter is still here!

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Well ad another black Challenger to the list of cars with after market rims!

They were delivered yesterday and I put them on the car last night. Could not get a good picture of them in the garage so....this is what they are...Avarus AV3

Next step is to get the windows tinted, but will have to wait a few weeks for that...winter is still here!

NO! The next order of business is taking a picture of the wheels ON the car, thats what this thead was for.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
magnummrk, what sizes did you get? And yes, a pic would be great

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
While ordering my Boyd's, There was a SRT Challenger in the wheel shop for a photo shoot.(Still an extremely rare car in Hawaii, dealers estimate 20 at most in the whole state) After they were done I snapped some pictures of the KMC's on this challenger. They look to be a staggered set up, I am guessing 9's in front, 10's in back. A little too big for my taste (22's), but hey the thread was for wheels on Challengers, so here ya go!! Notice he changed the grill to a Billet one, i like the stock better, IMO of course.

Last 2 pics I tried to get the sizes.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Not bad, although I do not like the look of chrome. a machined/brushed look would look better, imo. And a lil more meat on those wheels would have finished it off, like a 35 or even 40 profile

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I like those KMC Novas, if only they would make the brushed/black versions for the Challenger in 20".

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
^^^dude those look sweet. I wanted to see what all black wheels looked like on an orange challenger. Very very nice, me likey:bigthumb:

Didn't end up going with Asanti?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
^^^dude those look sweet. I wanted to see what all black wheels looked like on an orange challenger. Very very nice, me likey:bigthumb:

Didn't end up going with Asanti?

Nope. It took quite a bit of time for me to find something that looked good w. overall performance as well. The pictures dont do these wheels justice. I could stare at my car all day. But i rather drive it instead. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nope. It took quite a bit of time for me to find something that looked good w. overall performance as well. The pictures dont do these wheels justice. I could stare at my car all day. But i rather drive it instead. :bigthumb:

Sorry if I was a bit harsh with one of my earlier comments re: the Asanti's, but IMO you ended up with a set of wheels 200% better. Looks real good.

BTW, what did you end up setting your KW's to (thread-wise, # of turns)?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Sorry if I was a bit harsh with one of my earlier comments re: the Asanti's, but IMO you ended up with a set of wheels 200% better. Looks real good.

BTW, what did you end up setting your KW's to (thread-wise, # of turns)?
I have to get with SP to see where they are at. They re-adjusted them when they put the new rims/wheels on.

·
Banned
187 Posts
I like those KMC Novas, if only they would make the brushed/black versions for the Challenger in 20".
If you want to see KMC Novas in brushed/black 20x8.5 on an 09 R/T, click on my photos! A white R/T at that! Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to add a pic to a post yet. :brickwall: Working on it. :icon_redface:

·
Banned
187 Posts
Sorry, not really brushed, Machined/Black. KMC does make this with a dull center finish. It looks too much like grey primer to me.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
If you want to see KMC Novas in brushed/black 20x8.5 on an 09 R/T, click on my photos! A white R/T at that! Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to add a pic to a post yet. :brickwall: Working on it. :icon_redface:
Here ya go!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man those 22's look bad arse!
What size shoes(tire's)& make is she wearing?????

I may have to settle on 22's as the 20's in the M series may not fit.
I like what Im seeing and may have to go black as well I have anthracate on order in 20" but Im having one hell of a time getting confirmation they will clear the brembos.

22's will clear just fine and they look great buddy not too much bling I like that ..Cool pics!
Can you keep me updated on this? I'm also looking into this wheel and need to know whether to go 20 or 22.

Actually, would the 18x9 or 18x10 clear it and sit well? I would need to drop her a bit, but I saw this:
2009 Dodge Challenger SE - houston, Texas
and really like how (what I'm thinking are 18's) look. Because of how those rims are, it really pays homage to its legacy. I'm really trying to get my baby retro, so this route seems right (also have found some restomod wheels going up to 18's and considered them--any information on any of these clearing our big old SRT's would be appreciated).

I'm really picturing those 18x10/9 staggered with some big ole rubbers and hope it can happen. It just looks so much more original and is refreshing in this 24" world where everyone is flashing keys even if there's nothing to open.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Thanks Lupoman! I really need to take the time to figure out this stuff!! Too busy rolling up the miles. Like you, we're NOT frozen over here in Florida. :)

41 - 60 of 2897 Posts