Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it.

"With the Challenger, you get the feeling that this is a car you could build using your muscle-era Mopar as a foundation. The truth is, given enough time and money, you could probably make a B-body Charger feel as connected and as powerful as an SRT Challenger, but it would take a lot more than the $40,000 you'd spend on a new Challenger SRT Core at the dealership. The Core trim level is the most basic version you can get with the largest engine, and it wasn't very often that we missed the leather seats and navigation. Maybe it's because the Core package makes the Challenger feel like a muscle car should. It's larger than the rest of the cars in the pack, and it feels heavier, while at the same time it's also somehow more true to its roots—and that's not just in the exterior design. It sounds right, it's comfortable, and it's just big. We almost wish the Challenger had been branded a Charger. The Charger name would have put it in its proper category as a muscle car, the good-looking, two-door version of its more sedate four-door Charger stable mate. On the other hand, it couldn't look like this and not be a Challenger, and we don't want to give that up. There's just something about the Challenger that draws people to it. It seemed to gather the most admirers, even surrounded by the much more boisterous Ford and Chevy. We felt ourselves turning into cheerleaders for this underdog car that was the least expensive and had “only” 470 hp."

Read more:
2014 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Vs. 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Vs. 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - Hot Rod

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
good read.
Not sure if you saw this but it fits with your 50 yr Hemi theme...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Shelby that I love but I'm drawn to the Challenger. Can't wait to see what the Hellcat has to offer, and whether or not someone can actually get their hands on one.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I obviously love the Challenger and also like the Mustang very much; but I find the Camaro too cartoonish, and that interior is a parody of a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts