Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Challenger sales thru March 2014 down 24% compared to last year, yikes guess the 2015 can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Should be some sweet deals next year when the off-lease Challengers hit the used car market.

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
I thought the deal with Enterprise was to keep the cars off the market after they come off the lease? Chrysler signed this deal to keep the flood of 1 year old 2014's hurting sales and residuals of the 2015. Wonder how long Enterprise would keep the 2014s? Probably no more than 1 additional year I would guess.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I didn't know Enterprise leased R/T's or SRT's....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Dodge Brand Offers 'Double-Up' Program on 2014 Dodge Charger and Challenger

Get a 2014 Charger or Challenger now; trade to a 2015 Charger or Challenger and keep the same payment

Innovative, industry-exclusive lease program offered through end of August 2014

No additional down payment required on eligible 2015 models

Flexibility to choose a Charger or Challenger now and switch to the other model later

Augmented reality App coming in May; experience 2015 Charger and Challenger on tablets and mobile devices

April 14, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. -
New 2015 Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger muscle cars are coming later this year, but there is no need to wait to get into one of these performance icons.

The Dodge brand has crafted the "Double-Up" program for Charger and Challenger enthusiasts. Eligible customers can lease a 2014 Charger or Challenger for 12 months, and leave the dealership with a guarantee that when they return in a year and follow program rules they will have the same lease payment on a new 2015 Charger or Challenger.

Customers can take advantage of this innovative program now through the end of August 2014.

"If you have your eye on a new Challenger or Charger, there's no need to wait for the new models to arrive," said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge Brand President and CEO, Chrysler Group LLC. "The Dodge Double-Up program lets you drive today's Charger or Challenger and trade to the 2015 with no increase in payment. This is our way of thanking our loyal Charger and Challenger customers, and extending this offer to any new customers longing to get into one of these iconic muscle cars."

Both the Charger and Challenger were strong sales performers during 2013. Last year, the Charger recorded its best annual sales since 2007, while the Challenger posted its best annual sales ever.

Under this new "Double-Up" program, eligible customers may enter into a 12-month lease for a 2014 Charger (excluding Charger SE and Charger SRT) or a 2014 Challenger (excluding Challenger SRT).

When their 12-month lease is up these eligible customers who follow program rules are guaranteed the same lease payment on a 36-month lease, with no additional down payment, on select all-new 2015 Charger or Challenger models. Customers may lease any 2015 Charger (excluding Charger SE and Charger SRT) and any 2015 Challenger (excluding Challenger SRT). If customers choose to purchase the 2015 model, they will receive $1,000 bonus cash toward the purchase of the vehicle.

Customers must use the same Dodge dealership for both transactions, lease through Chrysler Capital and follow program rules for eligibility. Customers interested in this offer should see their Dodge dealer for program terms and conditions and further information.

In addition to revealing the 2015 Dodge Charger and 2015 Dodge Challenger this week at the New York Auto Show (NYAS), the brand has created a "Dodge 2015 Experience," which provides consumers a unique browser-based 360-degree sneak preview of the new vehicles before they are available in dealer showrooms.

Dodge enthusiasts attending the New York Auto Show, and those visiting Dodge dealerships afterwards, will have the opportunity to check out the "Dodge 2015 Experience" on iPads programmed with 2015 Charger and Challenger photos, videos and 360-degree exterior and interior views.

They will also get the first peek at the upcoming three-dimensional augmented reality App coming in May. The App will allow consumers to experience the 2015 vehicles through their own tablets or mobile devices. Users can change the vehicle color and wheels, take 360-degree tours of the inside and outside of the new vehicles and drive their Chargers or Challengers on a virtual track.

·
Registered
565 Posts
There are many posts on here of people renting R/Ts from the major car rental companies...

regarding the 1yr program...

2014 Charger (excluding Charger SE and Charger SRT) or a 2014 Challenger (excluding Challenger SRT).

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
They don't, they will be buying all the cars from Chrysler though when they get turned in from the 1 year leases.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Interesting approach with the sale to enterprise at the end of the lease. After they'd been rented for one year and then rented from enterprise for X number of years I'd suspect the cars would have been pretty well beaten on I'd try to avoid picking one of them up used.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
631 Posts
Interesting approach with the sale to enterprise at the end of the lease. After they'd been rented for one year and then rented from enterprise for X number of years I'd suspect the cars would have been pretty well beaten on I'd try to avoid picking one of them up used.

Take it easy
Jay
Not necessarily. People always assume cars that are rented are beaten on, but that's not always true. The typical business person or vacation person, who is renting the majority of cars is not beating on these things. They are either using their insurance or bought the rental cars insurance policy, but still, they have a financial incentive to return the car in good condition. I am usually am very careful with rental cars as its just such a hassle if anything happens to them, the paper work alone sucks. And really, a single owner of the car takes his to the track and does a 100 1/4 mile runs, is that beating on the car? Is that worse than a rental that is just driven around by different people. Maybe pushed now and then, but that's what these cars are made for. Rentals get regular maintenance, washes, and such, they should be fine. A used car is always a gamble to some extent, but I wouldn't overlook one of these. Then again, I always buy new, so what do I know. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Depends how you look at it I think I'd be much more inclined to baby a car that I intend to keep rather than one I'm renting for a year to trade in on a new car. For example I've tried to keep my car out of the salt and early spring rains so far since I'd like to avoid rust as long as possible if you know you're trading it in why not. Motor break in again if you're renting for a year are you going to worry about it etc.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hey Guys,

1st time poster, new member!

So, a few months ago I went to my brothers wedding in PA. I reserved a small compact car, while walking to through the lott to get the rental car, i came across the SXT. I immediately stopped and said. "I want to try this"

I spent a weekend having fun.I really really enjoyed it. So today this week I saw the ads for the double down lease program.

I just came back from the dodge dealer, and inquired about an 6 speed R/T for lease. Got all the information. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger next month, but bottom line they told me, $2999.00 down and upper $200's a month. Obviously that changes with my downpayment. They didn't have the R/T at the dealership so I couldn't test drive it :( But the dodge folks assured me, if I enjoyed the SXT i will love the R/T.

I don't drive that much (I work from home). I'm not that interested in mods. I have 2 kids and a mortgage and want a fun car for the weekends. I've never leased before so figured this fits my style. Plus I have an empty Garage stall that needs to be filled ;)

Do you guys think this is worth it?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I look at leasing this way: You're always paying for the biggest part of the depreciation. And in 3 years, you have nothing. And you're limited with mileage, damage, and all that. If you'll never be worried about money, go for it. Plus, the challenger is practical. If you don't drive much, just buy it and DD it.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Leasing works best if it's a business expense and you're writing it off, otherwise buy the car.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
So here is my question.... If you do the 12 month lease today on a 2014, can you order a 2015 this summer and trade in the 2014 when the 2015 comes in or do you have to keep the 2014 for the full 1 yr?

·
Registered
212 Posts
This would make me really hesitant about buying a used 2014 R/T...how bad are these cars gonna be driven with the "owner" knowing "no worries, I'm getting a new one in 12 mo"

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
So here is my question.... If you do the 12 month lease today on a 2014, can you order a 2015 this summer and trade in the 2014 when the 2015 comes in or do you have to keep the 2014 for the full 1 yr?
Like any contract you're obligated to complete the agreement in full. Want out early just make the remaining payments.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Well now I think its not such a great deal after all. After the 12 months you can get your 2015 when the 2016's are coming out. DUMB!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like any contract you're obligated to complete the agreement in full. Want out early just make the remaining payments.
YJ2012 is correct - no matter what, leasee is responsible for 12 payments. Here are the program rules:
2014 Dodge Vehicle Incentives & Deals | Dodge

Also, PC09 is spot on - deal sounds good, but a few customers may pass after reading the fine print and doing the math.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts